Thread: North PineDam in  spring/summer=bummer

North PineDam in  spring/summer=bummer

Im only a new permit holder for Samsonvale and Ive been told the place fishes very BAD durring warmer weather, Did any of you guys fish the dam last Summer????? The fishing in the last month has been mindblowing (somedays) with plenty of 50+cm Beasts hitting deep divers and deep fly. Any hints, clues or info would be appreciated. Do they move upstream or change depth?

Re: North PineDam in #spring/summer=bummer

G'day Quinnie,
    I was a permit holder last year, and I found the fishing very slow over the warmer months. From memory I think there was atwo week period, just after Christmas, when no Bass were recorded on catch cards. It's an awesome dam in winter though.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Re: North PineDam in #spring/summer=bummer

During the warmer months it appeared that the fish did move into the deeper water of the main basin. This year the down stream boundary was moved a fare bit and this has included some much deeper water than was previously accessible so hopefully we may still be able to ping a few here in the warmer months. A quick reminder to all permit holders who read this that it is advisable not to pass beyond the down stream boundary. Not only do you run the risk of losing your permit but the water corp. can/will give you a fine of something around $2000.

incidentally an order for around 30,000 bass has already been placed this year from funds raised by the boating permit scheme with Yellows and Saratogas to be ordered later in the year.

Cheers

Simon.