Thread: Glebe Weir Queensland

Glebe Weir Queensland

I will be camping at the Glebe Weir just north of Taroom in Queensland for 4 days. I have had a look on the web for the fish that may be stocked in the weir but can’t find very much. Can any one help with the sort of fish that may be in the weir this time of year and the bait or equipment that I can use to cat them? This is my first time at fishing since i was a teenager and then it was salt water fishing.

Re: Glebe Weir Queensland

Hi Alan.

The weir has golden perch, silver perch, sleepy cod ???, saratoga ???, and jew, in the book that i'm looking at but i would've thought that their might be carp but not sure. ???

When fishing for any of these species on bait, just use a standard rod you would use for bream, flathead or whiting, 1-1/0 hook with a small piece of lead. Baits you could use are shrimp, crays or worms but experiment until you catch fish.

I havn't actually fished there but not much would change as far as fish habits go.

Good luck

Cheers Matt

Thanks Matt, are any of the fish good eating

Alan
    Fished up there last year and we mainly caught silver perch and dew fish. I would use a smaller hook on a couple lines eg size 2 as silvers were the main hit and they have a pretty small mouth.
    We used worms and frozen prawns and the couple of shrimps we caught.
    No carp - and far as I know not too many in the Dawson system up there. Unfortunatly we also didn't latch on to a Saratoga either.
    Good luck - great country.
    Regards
    Sav