Thread: i need help in the peel river

i need help in the peel river

Gday fellow fishers. I just love to fish but im having trouble fishing in tamworths peel river. all i catch is a couple of carp and thats all i think is in there but then i hear about some peaple catching murrycod in the peel. What am i doing wronge. Should i start using lures? I ask my self that question some times but i dont know what lures to get? I need desperate help. need some advise. from you good mate youngfisher

Re: i need help in the peel river

Welcome Youngfisher

Mate there is Cod in the Peel. I have seen proof.

Lures are good because you are searching for the fish(by casting to different location) instead of waiting for the fish to come to the bait.

I have never fish the Peel but have fished a few others rivers for Cod and Yellas. My pick for lures would be spinnerbaits(purples,greens, browns) and the oargee plows or custom crafted extractors. Also, from what i hear, surfaces poppers work well in the peel, as they do many rivers.

Thats just a bit of a start, you can't beat time one the water and watching and listening to others and asking questions. Also if you can get access to a part of the river that not many people get to you will have a lot better chance.

Cheers

Chris