Thread: Baroon Pocket Dam - Fish Release

Baroon Pocket Dam - Fish Release

After a desperate call on a few fishing forums, a few guys met up to help release around 49,000 Bass Fingerlings into Baroon Pocket Dam.. I've got a few pictures here taken from the day.. if your into bass fishing, i seriously recommend checking out Baroon Pocket Dam after all the hard work that Cameron has put into it over the years... it is an electric only dam and there are a few rules but pretty easy to maintain and the fish in there are nice and healthy..

Tim

Re: Baroon Pocket Dam - Fish Release

Bucket of Fingerlings being released from the Rangers boat

Ausfish Members who drove a hell of a long way to help out a great cause, thanks guys for the help!

A Handfull of Baby Bass.. all around 5cm long

The Picnic Area near the main ramp on the Maleny Side

The kinda area where fingerlings were released

the kinda fish that can be caught.. a small bass caught by Cameron after the Release

And another small bass, probably from last years release

Hi guys, would also report a pleasant mornings work.we arrived there 7.20am which was even to early for the gate keeper,only waited a couple of mins. then had the intros to the lads which were ,Cameron ,Tim ,Wizard ,Richard and myself, with the help of the ranger Martin and Steve from the Dpi as well. we found a little time to wet the lines before the fish arrived, very enjoyable. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]when they came we all got to work, releasing them into different areas around the dam,didn,t take that long at all. if you haven,t been there it is worth a goooooood look very nice spot . good job Cameron , well done ,nice to put a face to names now.will be up there more often now and hope to run into the happy faces.

love your work,good job, Stevo till next time [smiley=cool3.gif][smiley=cool3.gif]

ps. don,t tell to many how good this dam is. lol.
    Life begins when you get one!!!

Hi everyone,it started out a cool morning when I left the Lockyer Valley but turn into a nice day as I approached the Dam,I was amazed at now good the amenities are and the size of the dam this place is lovely and my wife and I will be doing a day trip soon.It was great to put names to faces and meet all the guy's-Tim great photo's and Cameron if you ever need help again over there will be more than happy to help but next time I'm bring the can-do and rods.I had a ball and it was easy work,good to see that you guy's got out and had a fish when it was all over -me I got caught in traffic just outside Kilcoy(3 car pile up'closed the road) but got home just after 2-30pm.
    Wizard

Good to see some numbers show up to help out.
    Cameron, tried to ring you last night but got a sexy voice on the answering machine instead. Couldn't pull a day off from work. Doh!

Can you post up meeting times for the stocking group in your area in the Stocking Forum so that folks can reference it.

Good pics Zeeke. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Cheers,

Fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au