Thread: Yellow Belly Lures

Yellow Belly Lures

.G'day all.
    Have been catching yella's trolling around points and structure with hardbody lures[12-20ft].Start fishing at about 4pm till dark.have had the most success on purple/red,Purple/pink,red black,pinkhead/ blackwith #silver stripes,firetiger colours :matalics in silver and gold have failed.DHave tried casting hardbodies #in above colours.,spinnerbaits, red/blk,white,purple/black,orange/ blk,rattlers in fire tiger,fluro and matalic's natural, and plastics in pumpkin seed,motoroil, junebug,white,baby bass,glow white,candy pink all without success in the same areas.Has any one got any idea's on what to use or retreives.???. ???
    regards george.

Re: Yellow Belly Lures

g'day big-george,
    you mention all types of lures but i see no colours mention, on the day it does make a difference.what areas do you like to fish, i may be able to help more.
    tight lines
    tail-light.

tail-light.
    have modified the topic.please read again.
    regards george.
    PS.Mate has just returned from Burrandong.7 yellas on the troll with the electric all but one on the pink head/black body with silver stripes feral catt.same area humps coming up to 7-10 foot in 20 foot.started fishing at 4pm till dark.the surface water temp is 70 -73 degs.
    Altra grapth 3000.Chronarch full or 10 pound flame green fire line with 2 meters 20 pound leader loop knotted to lures..

George, where is Burrandong. Can't say ive heard of it. Is it a stocked impoundment.
    Regards
    Sav

Sav.
    70 kms from Dubbo NSW.the place where basser is not welcome has been fishing well for the past 6 weeks.
    cheers george.

stump jumpers and bring em' in slow
    that my thoughts

Fished Burrendong on friday arvo with lures.In 1.5 hours got 7 yellas to the boat.biggest 2.4 kg and a red fin going .72grams.best lure black with silver Feral catt and a old Mcgrath rainbow trout coloured minnow.Used 4 pound fire with 10 pound mono as leader.fished tues with out the kids in the morning.Not as productive as he arvo's.Worked hard for 3 yella's and 7 carp.mcgraths in the shallows did the trick on the yellas.the carp took 2 inch atomic browncraw single tails on the waters edge.hard pullers on four pound fireline.Still have'nt cracked the casting code of these fish as yet.Will try next week.
    cheers george.

g'day big george & krazy fisher,
    I would have to say i like stump jumpers myself, but on the day my cheep arse... lure from woollies has embrassed the rest of the tackle box. I don't think we ever stop learning. certinaly, their tempeture of water is where you must swim your lure on the day and its gotter look appertising to them or torment/teese/ster them in to it. Why is it when your out there and there a big storm building up, getting real close you'll get hits one after the other on anything you through in the water allmost.I run into an old fellow always fishes on his own, likes to camp next to me says its like you run up a dry gully trying new ideas and you always end up going back to basic again....and he don't take much.
    tight lines
    tail-light.