Thread: advice needed: wivenhoe dam

advice needed: wivenhoe dam

hey all,

i'm thinking of going up to Wivenhoe Dam for the easter break
    for some fishing and camping.
    there's gonna be some girls along, and some not so outdoor guyz, so we're gonna need a comfortable spot and of course i want to catch the biggest fish in the water.

nothing too comfortable, i dun really want to be around any shops. looking for good isolation.

advice anyone please?

Re: advice needed: wivenhoe dam

Hi Dexx,
    There's two camping areas at Big W; Capt Logans camp & Lumley Hill. They're right next to each other on adjacent points. Fairly quiet most of the time (one good thing about no powerboats is there's no skier yokels as well).
    No shops close by, nearest would be a coin toss between Fernvale, Cominya or Esk.
    I would think you'll have to book a campsite for Easter & I'd hurry. They commonly book out. Great place to camp, amenities are good. Think Lumley Hill has powered campsites as well if that's what you need.
    Would call SEQWCorp info centre on 5427 8100

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

thanx for the info fitzy,
    called them up and fully booked

said i could go to lake somerset, but they're gonna be like 12 THOUSAND people there over the easter weekend.
    soooo,...

know anywhere else that we would be able to go to?
    preferbably with fresh water river that we can drink from.

if not that i guess somewhere secluded near the beach would be cool too.

thanx

I'd be trying all of the other dams/lakes in the region. Atkinsons, Barambah, Maroon, Moogerah, Borumba, Boondooma. All have camping there of varying degrees. Wouldn't try any of the camping areas on the mid Brissy River at Easter, they'll be packed solid I recon. eg Twin Bridges, Lowood, Savages Crossing...
    Bugger that rustwater.

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

thanx for all the help fitzy

i couldn't find any of the names that you mentioned on the net, know where i can maybe buy a magazine or a booklet on the areas you mentioned? will love to try those out sometime.

Get the fishing in SEQ book. should be in shops or newsagents.

Hey, Fizty i noticed you are a "Global Moderator". Any chance of you doing anything about moderating this global warming thing?

imported_admin

Quote Originally Posted by dexx

i couldn't find any of the names that you mentioned on the net, know where i can maybe buy a magazine or a booklet on the areas you mentioned? will love to try those out sometime.
    Dex

Check out Fitzy's website for info and maps on the dams, plus a host of other Freshwater Fishing info.

Just click on his banner at the bottom of his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx

Like Steve said go to my site for info or you can various books which have info on sites mentioned. Also can get hold of Gregory's Guide to Fishing around Brisbane by Harro, Nugget, Leeann Payne & myself.

Quote Originally Posted by lordy
    Get the fishing in SEQ book. should be in shops or newsagents.

Hey, Fizty i noticed you are a "Global Moderator". Any chance of you doing anything about moderating this global warming thing?