Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4kg CatFish! -The Mother Of All Catfish-

4kg CatFish! -The Mother Of All Catfish-

I woke up it was a perfect summers mornin' i stroll down to the river near by me to check if any fish had jumped onto my line. Anyway i go to check my line and o! Geez was the something on 30min later i finally got it in and there it is down the bottem. It would have been sometime last year.

Re: 4kg CatFish! -The Mother Of All Catfish-

Nice fish. Where are you from. Looks nothing like any catfish I've seen. Actually looks like a long finned Eel to me.

Cheers,

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Sorry mate It's an 'Eel tailed cat fish' and i caught it an a river near palmwoods.

Me thinks that would be an Eel Tailed Eel.

Regards
    Paul Cade

WHITTO

Me thinks you are correct Paul,they are as common as backsides in the freshwater enviroment in the far north, definitedly an Eel, Cheers Whitto

Shaz banger, #Setlining is NOT ALLOWED, if any sportfisher with half a nut catches you youll cop it for sure. You dont want to be found out by the authoraties too boot, much worse. #Have a read of the rules before you go fishing next, our native fish are not for"killin and grillin" and Setlines are only for Bumpkins that live further sth. Treat your self to some lures and a spin rod, MQ PS that fish is what every Setline deserves, A BIG SLIMY EEL

Good on you Quinny! Actually all that set-lines deserve is to be destroyed.
    Mike

Set Lines Suck!!! [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

That is not fishing!!! [smiley=stop.gif]

Shazbanger, I can forgive you for killing that innocent toga, but not for setting lines. May your next eel tailed eel fish be slimier than this one > > >

We've all made mistakes before

vort-fu

cHiCo

give the bloke a break,hes only young, i wouldnt expect all you blokes to know fishing regs when you were his age, far out!

WHITTO

G'Day cHICo, Ill tell you how far out it is,when I was Shazbangers age there were no Fishing regulations,now thats got to tell you something,and Im not talking about me being an old fart,Im talking about how damaged Fishing stocks have become and how necessary it has become to impose regulations,as I said the young fella looks like a smart kid and he if he can except criticism,he will learn, Cheers and good fishing 2u all #Whitto

RULES are RULES full bloody stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Cod catcher that means

Whoops

I almost made a mistake, but I ,am not gonna turn this into a "Who obeys which rules" thread
    Cheers
    Mark

yeh have to watch the rules from state to state. Still a good weight fish to catch without getting wrapped around snags.
    In totally degraded locations {by Carp} this way the nsw western rules allow a couple of set lines, with plenty of fishermen monitoring their lines large numbers of carp are caught and destroyed. these breeding grounds are then restocked with yb's to allow migration back to rivers when conditions are right. Carp reduction via rods lures set lines are all that we can use to fight carp without further damaging the site. Yes I agree with cod catcha pity that the ones who break the rules verybig time get away with it. It was most annoying that nsw fisheries lost a case recently against such a person. Anyway as a young man i fished very differently compared to now when i have a better understanding of the damage that can be done. Hmmm anyway good catch , good fishing, and tell folk you forgot to take the rod and line out of the water when you catch the next fish lol, all the best from Peter.

Thankyou for righting my wrong and i will corect my self next time, Because i promise i never new 'setlines' wernt allowed and i wont use them again and by the way i thank U guys for telling me of for i have taken it all on bored thanks Guys!
    Your a great influence #

-oh by the way could someone please remove that picture?-