Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lures for bass fishing

Re: lures for bass fishing

Great to see everyone using all the AUSSIE lures.
    We all know they are the best.

gday birdy.
    ive caught big fish outa most river systems in NSW from nepean north to the clarence. most ive only fished 2 or 3 times. so i can read new water. i live and fish on the Orara River near Coutts. been here since 2001. i think my problem with not catching big fish could be the river im fishing ??? ive only hooked one fish that was easily 500mm plus but i didnt catch it as i was in a kayak near a bit of faster water/eddy got it to the side of the kayak and it kicked i lost my balance, capsized...and goodbye fish and outfit... >. ugly stik and shimano reel.
    im a regular in gone fishin' in grafton.
    plus most of my efforts for bass have only been in the orara, never had any chance to fish the gorge, but i have fished the nymboida and mann rivers but all i catch are cod and catfish.
    cheers
    phil

Phil,

I think I know who you are.
    The main group of fish is passing through Grafton in the Clarence as i type and there wil be a few 55 plus fish in them .Now is the time to get into the main river from about Grafton to Copmanhurst and in a few weeks above there to Lilydale and Newbold.
    I'm not going to mention specific spots on here as i've never written about them or mentioned them on the net but if your keen for a looksy at some of the better water around the place that hold the big girls leave a message with John at Gone Fish'n and we'll organise a day.......gotta keep it to yourself tho.

Birdy

gday birdy
    went down the back of my joint yesturday and got 3 fish upto 430mm, still no 500mm though . sounds good about a bit of a go around grafton. will talk to john about a trip. btw will i need my own canoe???
    # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # cheers
    # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # phil

fishin

yeh went down the back of here today got 45cm bass

heres my 45cm bass that i caught and released today

for shad raps try the tackle warehouse and for eddys wasps go to sundown marines throughout bin $8