Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lures for bass fishing

Re: lures for bass fishing

oh yeah the max size for EP's is well over the size i caught( gunther and schneider put it at 10 kg.) but on the same note an EP the size of the bass i caught would have weighed between 6 and 7kg. not around 5kg like my bass.
    phil

BASS AUSTRALIAN 2.600 Paul Roper Glenbawn Dam NSW 14/10/00 #all tackle record
    BASS AUSTRALIAN 1 2.1 J ZSOVAR BERRY NSW 13/04/80
    BASS AUSTRALIAN 2 2.65 J OOSTENBROEK NERANG RIVER QLD 23/11/85 sportsfishing records
    BASS AUSTRALIAN 1 2.600 Paul Roper Glenbawn Dam NSW 14/10/00
    BASS AUSTRALIAN 2 2.545 Peter Upfold Glenbawn Dam NSW 12/09/98
    BASS AUSTRALIAN 3 2.750 P MONTEITH CALOUNDRA QLD 15/08/76
    lure casting records
    all of these are of the ansa site and this is why their is people out their with a little dout with out pics of the fishes
    another couple
    BASS AUSTRALIAN 1 2.785 Neil Schultz Stanley River NSW 12/10/97
    BASS AUSTRALIAN 2 3.026 Shawn Ryan Somerset Dam QLD 28/09/97
    BASS AUSTRALIAN 3 2.620 G MATES SNOWY RIVER NSW 05/11/79
    ABT big bass record 3.37kg Tony Evens somerset dam QLD
    ???

this is the biggest I've ever got a pic of .....it never had a tape put over it but it did go 3.37kg before being released [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]......i reckon it'd be about 56cm wad'ya all reckon ??? ???

long way short of your 5kg 70cm though Phil

G'day Peter

Is that a tag I see near the dorsal fin? if it is did you record it?

Cheers
    Murray

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBaga
    G'day Peter

Is that a tag I see near the dorsal fin? if it is did you record it?

Cheers
    Murray
    Hi Murray,

That be a saw point about the tag I think
    I saw that fish from 6 feet away it was huge. There is some hooters in Somerset that is for sure.

When we going to see them Blitz's in the Gold Coast shops. ?

gday everyone
    personally i dont care if you believe me as the only one who needs to know that i caught it is myself and if you dont believe that i got one that big you obviously just think that a bloke as young as me with as little experience as me couldnt have got one so early so if that is you attitude you can go and get bent! i KNOW how big it was and i KNOW i caught it! if you dont believe i caught it that is your problem not mine.
    i also know that if you put in the t me to fish for BIG fish you WILL CATCH big fish.
    this is what i did and still do.
    i also only fish rivers and creeks, it is more rewarding to put in the time and effort not to spook a fish and watch it hit your lure at youre feet or to know that you have caught a big fish in a place like that and know its a wild fish, it just makes it more worthwhile.
    phil

Phil I don't care if you caught it or not. But if you did, and if you want to keep catching fish like that you'll need to learn to keep locations to yourself. Please don't fish my local streams.
    Mike

gday mike
    about the spots im talking about who on this site is actually goin to go to sydney and fish the specified locations??? and other than that i only gave a vague description...and the holes i was talking about it is common knowledge on what the fish sizes are like, the only bit that is difficult to do is to find the holes and how to fish them. the stretch of water that im talking about is around 40 kilometers long. so unless they put in at least a week of work on the sounder to find the holes it would be rather difficult to expect the fish to be gone. and then on the otherhand who would eat a bass of that size out of NEPEAN SEWER anyways???
    anyways with these problems that south creek is facing now....being choked with weed how is anyone goin to be able to fish it...there is simply too much weed around these days...plus i dont even live in those areas anymore so why not let some one else catch the fish that ive been privelidged enough to catch!!!
    # # # # # # # # # # # # #phil

softplastics and deepfly in winter deep diving hard bodies and spinnerbaits in summer.

any lure so long as it is a SMAK BROLGA, will work

Quote Originally Posted by temp
    any lure so long as it is a SMAK BROLGA, will work

G'Day Steve,
    Weclome aboard mate.

Wasn't the lure in the pic one of your prototypes?

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

about time Temp, good to see you in here

Cheers
    Murray

Sure was fitzy . Good to be aboard.
    gid day murry.

temp.

Simple list:
    Voodoo
    Feral cat
    Jaysea's Patriot
    Blitz Baga
    Brolga
    Whitmore Cray
    Micro Mullet
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Blitzbaga.
    poltergiest 50 (be suprised how big of a bass will eat em)
    bassman spinnerbaits.
    that is my two fav's the rest come in second.
    surface is by far the nightcrawler.

Just a note to Fishy Phill,

I have fished and lived on the Clarence for over 25 years.You go on about your experience and targeting big fish,if you can't get 55cm plus fish out of this system you firstly can't read new water and arn't too flash on learning what works on unseen populations of bass.......and that mate,is a true test of experience.
    I think i know who you are mabey.....not a fan of wilson rods by chance??.....this is not a dig or trying to annoy ya but i think i may have met you??????

Birdy