Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2004 Humminbird Minn Kota Kirkleagh Klassic

Re: 2004 Humminbird Minn Kota Kirkleagh Klassic

Hey Fitzy i read yous are tryin a new catch and release system with boats on the water. That would be great compared to runnin back to the campground all the time. Went a couple years ago when we were catchin good fish up near the spit and hell it was goin to be a long way back so didn't bother which was unfortunate as they were hittin well. Full strap with a 60 2 stroke all day i would of had to go to kilcoy to get more fuel at lunch! Good to see the new chnge and hope it goes well. I just hope i can get there that weekend to support the stockin. Might give it a chop this weekend down there anyway if dont go to bp comp.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jordo
    Hey Fitzy i read yous are tryin a new catch and release system with boats on the water. #That would be great compared to runnin back to the campground all the time. Went a couple years ago when we were catchin good fish up near the spit and hell it was goin to be a long way back so didn't bother which was unfortunate as they were hittin well. #Full strap with a 60 2 stroke all day i would of had to go to kilcoy to get more fuel at lunch! #Good to see the new chnge and hope it goes well. #I just hope i can get there that weekend to support the stockin. #Might give it a chop this weekend down there anyway if dont go to bp comp.
    Cheers
    G'Day Jordo,
    Yep they're changing over from a weight to length system. With on the water marshals measuring fish it will vastly improve the survival rate of fish & stop congestion at the main tent at Kirkleagh.
    The on-the-water marshals boats will be identified at the pre-comp briefings.

Be good to see you up there. Come n say G'day.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_J
    1000 starters and you permit them to keep their fish #

think I might give it a miss.....too many dead Bass for me #

PJ
    Get over it Peter. [smiley=end.gif] Cant u see they're doing a good thing for fishing & putting on a good show at the same time? [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Good on you guys. #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] #Nom form filled in & sent with mail order. I'll be up there fishing the C&R section for sure. #[smiley=laugh.gif] Taking a bottle of JD for when the band is on. #[smiley=guitarist.gif]
    Keep up the good work. #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

[smiley=laola.gif]

Yee Hah!Sent off the noms forms for Squiz and I today. Sounds like a great comp, with a lot of thought going into rules, conditions and prizes!

Boat has been packed for 2 weeks, and the girl is tripping over camping gear

Have invited the Bundy Bear to join us 8), and all is set for a potentially brilliant weekend. And the funds go to improve fish stocks!!! Everyone's a winner!!!

forward to catching up with you there, Fitzy!

Ian

The warm weather has really turned the big bass on.
    Fishing during the day, entertainment at night, what there is still more?

Yes, a great place to catch or make great friends.

Over the years I have made great friends at this well organised comp. The fishery is the favourite of many, because of the work of the stocking group.

Enjoy!

GraemeB

I fished this event years ago with my wife..... from a canoe no less. Had a ball. Paddled all the way over to the trees and got a few smalll fish. Made the trek back and had a chat to some people fishing the from the bank near where we were camping. They caught just as many as us, only of better quality - doh!

I had more fun seeing the fish come in at the weigh-in. I couldn't believe the size of some of the bass. Their tail wrists were bigger than mine The change in format for the weigh-in with marshalls this year will take away some of that excitement, however, it is a far better outcome for the protection of the catch and release side of the fishery.

Hope to get there and catch up with some of you.

Cheers, Boltzy.

For all those of you who are attending the Klassic next week-end, after some discussions with the park management this week-end, make sure that you have your SIPS before arriving as they will not be issuing them on the week-end, also there is a total fire ban in the park at the moment, but if it is lifted by then, you will require a container for your fire or you will not be allowed to have one.

Regards
    Paul Cade

Warm Days = Big Bass= Big Numbers

Bring it on!

After a few calls today with park managers, SEQWCorp & Qld DPI&F I can confirm that SIP permits WILL be available at Kirkleagh, The Spit, Shell service station in Kilcoy & from SEQWCo staff when they are on site.
    However it is advised that you try to get your before heading up there to avoid any delays at the entrance gate.

Weather is looking good for the weekend.
    C Yas up there.

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

A reminder to pre-paid competitors.

You can pick-up your competitor cards immediately after the 5:00am or 8:00am briefings on Saturday morning. You MUST have your competitor card with you to measure-in any fish.

Cheers,

Fitzy..