Thread: shark fishing in the brisbane river

fishin

shark fishing in the brisbane river

me and the old man are planin on doing a bit of shark fishin it the brisabane river, just wonderin wat sorts of baites and rigs u need to catch these machines. and were bouts are the best places. we can get to colleges crossing, kookabara park, or over at river side, and information would be great

Re: shark fishing in the brisbane river

Saw a show on sharks the other day and they caught bull sharks 60km up the Brisbane River in fresh water. #Was interesting stuff, they recon the bull shark has killed and injured more people than any other shark.

drawn

Quote Originally Posted by drawn
    Saw a show on sharks the other day and they caught bull sharks 60km up the Brisbane River in fresh water. #Was interesting stuff, they recon the bull shark has killed and injured more people than any other shark.

drawn
    That was on Sunday I think - World Around US (With sexy Lisa McCune! #) That was an interesting show though... Bull Shark #1, Great White #2....

Some of those guys on there did a few things you wouldn't get me doing! At least not without filling my wetsuit very very quickly!!! #

There was a guy on there from Queensland Uni going fishing for Bull Sharks in the river for study... Check out the websote for the uni, as there may be some info on there maybe???

fishin

yeh i saw that aswell, , we have seen bullsharks when we have been skiing with mates out at riverside at karolee

Brad_Mcalister

Quote Originally Posted by brisybass
    me and the old man are planin on doing a bit of shark fishin it the brisabane river, just wonderin wat sorts of baites and rigs u need to catch these machines. and were bouts are the best places. we can get to colleges crossing, kookabara park, or over at river side, and information would be great
    Hey Brissybass
    I live in Ipswich & chase the whalers a bit over summer.
    Usually launch from kookaburra. best bait is live mullet, boney bream are good too & the humble forkies work too tho not as good i rekon. I usually use 2-3kg braid with 30lb leader & short wire trace. they're the easiest thing to catch. if ya want we could hook up for a fish if ya like.

brad

fishin

so how many do u get usually and how big??

Brad_Mcalister

Quote Originally Posted by brisybass
    so how many do u get usually and how big??

right conditions should get 2 or 3 & up to 8 or 10 on a good day. most between 80cm to a metre. the occasional bigger one.

brad

fishin

awsome sounds great ,, do u fish in a boat or just of the bank?

Brad_Mcalister

i fish from a boat.
    i'll most likely be takin my son out for go tomorrow if he wants to go.

Brad

FishinMission

Hi,

My brother-in-law and his mate often go out to the junction to catch sharks and have a pretty good success rate. From what I can recall they use live mullet that they catch with a cast net, and use a wire trace. They fish from the bank. His mate has a few sets of very impressive teeth! [smiley=devilish.gif]