Thread: importance of electric tiller

importance of electric tiller

Hi guys just wanted to know the importance of and electric tiller if fishing for barra in Monduran Dam. I don't currently have one but am considering it. I have a new yamaha 60 four stroke on a 5mt tinny. will it be quiet enough and can i manuver around enough. If I do need one does anyone have one to hire me for four days at xmas. Hehehehehe
    Scottv

FlyRod

Re: importance of electric tiller

Mate when I first started fishing the dams I used a paddle to move around and a rope to tie onto the tree's in the area that I wanted to fish and as for the open water I would just set up a drift over the particular points or banks and let the wind do the rest."WIND" this is where an elec comes into its own ,with the ability to hold you infront of a snag with a steady wind ,this you could only do using your anchor if you didn't have an elec!! But I still use my anchor if there is a fair bit of wind and I want to hammer a particular bay/point or bank-it saves on elec power-So dont go buying an elec unless you are sure you will use it all the time because they are an expensive hood ornament for your boat unless your always on the water.There are cheap ways to go about it but the catalogs will tell you all about them!!I bought a Minn Kota tiller steer and it does the job fine for about $500-$600 .Good luck on the dam over xmas
    Rod

Re: importance of electric tiller

i just brought a minn Kota as well i just fished the dam sat and it was hard to get the boat to sit in the right spot .
    i've got a 30lband it only cost me $320. i'm looking foward to giving it a go . the blokes that had eletrics on made it look easy.

thanks fat boy