Thread: favourit trolling lure

favourit trolling lure

what are your favourit trolling lures for impoundment yellas?
    do spinnerbaits work any good in trolling situations
    Cheers,

Ben

Re: favourit trolling lure

Newell M2 callop, Newell Boney 95mm, Flicks Cobra, Blitz Bagga, Fyshy Somerset 20 +,
    to name a few. And yes spinnerbaits work OK sometimes on the troll running anywhere from just behind the prop in the wash to 20 + foot down.
    Cheers Les.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Anything by smak

Favourite trolling lure for impoundment yellas?

Several years ago I did some trial of lures side by side @ Somerset. I certainly didnt take every lure on the market out but of those I did trial the Strikezone Critter Large came out on top. I wouldnt have picked it as a contender looking at it before I started, thinking the Blitz Baga would rein supreme.
    The Critter is now my favourite trolling lure for bass/yellas. Has done exceptionally well at Somerset, Wivenhoe, Moogerah, BP, Boondooma, Leslie, Monduran (for bass), Glenlyon, Splitrock, Copeton (yellas & reds), Samsonvale.
    It saved by butt a few times when I was running my charter boat.
    For yellas the black/red seemed to work better
    for bass the purple or chartreuse was better

Fitzy..

BTW- I'm in no way affiliated with strikezone lures.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

ok thanks for the help fellas, will have to give a few of them a try.
    Cheers,

Ben

bills bug 75mm and the newell callop in both sizes work great

If I ever troll and it is rare, I always use a Manns 10+ or 15+ in black and silver colour.

Always gets me some fish.

Macca

seem to hear a ot about these newel callops, are they the lures made down in tenterfield? where can i find these lures around brisbane/gold coast
    Cheers,

Ben

Gday yellahunter ! The callops are a bit hard to get as Peter Newell has not been
    making a lot of lures of late. I get mine off Peter Newell !. There is a tackle shope in Tenterfield that sells them when he can get em.So if ya ever in Tenterfied drop
    in for a look.

Cheers Les.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

gratyns sporting goods Inverell 02 67225366 have a good range of callops, boneys and bass rats.if you are chasing them they would be worth ringing yellahunter.
    cheers billy

Hey Yellahunter
    Try to get hold of some of Shane Murphy's bass vipers in purple great little home made lure and a killer on bass

Yella,

I also have Bass vipers and I swear by them. My first choice on bass when it comes to hard body
    lures.

You can buy all the Peter Newell lures directly from the man himself. If you can't find his phone number on the net just let me know, I have his details at home.

Peter is a great bloke and will only be too happy to help.

Yella
    I have always caught yellas on my Killalure Packrat 65 , black with white stripes, yabbie action
    Biggest Yella 14lb

Cheers

Sy