Thread: Lake Maroon 22Mar05

Lake Maroon 22Mar05

Hi All,

Went down to Lake Maroon this morning to chase a few bass in my kayak. I was armed with a few of those jackalls I kept hearing about and my fav spinnerbait. I wasn't sure if they were going to work on Maroon as there are no bony bream in the lake. It was my first time on the lake.

Put in at the boat ramp and began to work the weed edges near the ramp with no luck. I then paddled over the lake to a small island but still quiet, I saw the timber down the western end of the lake and paddled down there to find a huge weed bed that extends out over a 100m in some places.

It looked good so begun with the spinner bait but decided to swap to a small popper which drew 3 strikes but no hookups ???Swapped to the jackall and got nailed first cast. A small but healthy bass of 29cm . I hang around but ws quiet so decided to try the northern forshore on the way home. Got 2 hits on the jackall and finally hooked anothe small bass which came in at 28cm.

All in all a good morning, I like the action of the jackalls and the rattle has a different sound to the rest of my lipless crankbaits.

Cheers
    Aaron

Re: Lake Maroon 22Mar05

Here is another pic

Cheers
    Aaron