Thread: Sir Joe's dam

Sir Joe's dam

Well heading up to the old boys dam on the easter weekend. I have heard that there are some good fish there any hints on bait or is it all lures and sp fishing in the dams? i will have access to a boat but amy wondering if land fishing is wothr the walk? Are cast aloowed in dams i don't think so but i thought i would check. i am a moreton bay and deep sea fisherman not done alot of fresh.

Re: Sir Joe's dam

Hi Crayman
    You can bank fish at BP but good luck. Not sure on the weed situation.
    Your best bet is to use the boat and troll lures. Flats directly across from the boat ramps always lands a few bass. Talk to Motty at the shop up there and he will tell you how its fishing.
    Whatever its a great facility - be packed at Easter though.
    Regards
    Sav

Your a braver man than me taking on the hordes. They'll be more boats on that dam than you can poke a stick at. I went the week leading up to easter last year and they where already battening down the hatches in anticipation. Good luck, i'd normally say ask motty what been working but you'll have trouble getting more than a few seconds of his attention.

Hi crayman,
    If you have any questions regarding the regulations that apply to freshwater or salt water fishing for that mater, go on to www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb. You can print off the most up to date info from the regs. If you come across any of the people from dpi fishcare at the ramps,yellow long sleave shits with fishcare on the shoulder, they will assist you with the latest on the regs. Fishing is always tough at easter, boat traffic ect. If you are new to the freshwater scene stick with it, and you will have a ball.
    Have a ##### easter.
    Wobbygone

thanks for all the advise feela's well we only have a tiny and a ski boat now my motor sh*t it's self today so my boat wont be going. Some eletric gizmo that tells the engine how much oil fuel to suck. warranty job. i am going to try the bait pots for some shrimp around the weed beds then live bait the around any deep wholes and structure that might get me some attention. i am a little worried about the a the ski boats and jet ski's but i just have find a quiet spot to tie up. ??? thanks again and we see how we go.