Thread: SP's on Bass

SP's on Bass

Having never fished fresh water wit SP's, I was left wondering if they work.

Can someone give me some tips on using them to catch Bass?

What techniques should I use off the shore at Wappa Dam/Falls?

Mick

Re: SP's on Bass

Hi mini, If u already have some SP skills for bream or any other fish for that matter then you should be quite capable at catching a bass, start by observing the conditions ie, is the water clear or mirky? is it overcast? what time do you plan to fish? If the water is clear try somthing that looks natural in apearance and if mirky try somthing bright\bold. What r the bass currently feeding on, insects, shrimp, lizards or smaller fish and apply this fact to your SP choice. At the moment the water temp is still fairly warm which usually results with the bass shut down during the day light period, as things start to cool down during winter we should expect the opposite, in that the fish will become more active during the day. If there is alot of snags\structure then it might be handy to know how to rig SP's snagless by imbeding the hook point in the SP body. And dont be afraid to use large size SP's either as these are more likley to attract a ambush response from larger bass. If Fish Baroon pocket dam on a fairly regular basis with ok results, how does Wappa fair if you know? as Im interested in fishing other locations that r nearby the hinterland, Hope ive made a differance to your chances. Cheers.

Thanks Kuhlia_R... I have never been to Wappas before... Just about to leave.

Thanks ver much for the tips. I'll try to catch a biggun.

Mick

cast right into the sangs and let it fall down the snag and just wait for the hit!

you can use the SP's in may diffrent ways from dead sticking them or slow roll over weed beds and even unwieghter sub surface
    as said before if you have used SP's for bream then you would be right as it is almost the same