Thread: BOONDOOMA????????????

BOONDOOMA????????????

Well I have a Question, where are all the fish and redclaw in Boondooma dam, I have just been there and the fishing is very very quiet. Has anybody else been sucessful over the last few days. ???

Re: BOONDOOMA????????????

A mate just came back from spending 2 weeks up there and said the same thing, very quite!

Just got home from boondooma yesterday arvo, fished the morning and got 7 good bass from 43cm to 49cm. Lance at the kiosk said they were getting them trolling jackles and spinnerbaits untill the skiboats arrived on wed morning. We got on the water at 7.30 and found the schools of fish holding around 18 to 24feet and could not raise a hit then we noticed some fish between 28 and 32feet that were more active on the sounder and pulled 4 fish in 15 minutes then they went quite, we left them for 1/2 an hour and then went back and got another 3 out of the school then they shut down at 10 o'clock and we got no more by 11.30 so we pulled the pin for home. We had four rods out and the only one that we got fish on was a light spin rod with 4pound pink fireline 6pound flurocarbon leader and a 1/2 oz hotlips in bleeding shiner patern. All the other rods had similer lures but had 20pound braid and 20pound flurocarbon leader and never got a touch. Cheers bassfanatic5
    When the wife said i could get a lab i think she meant a dog.

LABSPORT XT 200H.O. etec

I've been going out to there at least once a fortnight and have been getting heaps(25+) every time we head out. Went out today, heaps of ski boats around but still managed the same numbers, although the sizes were down on usuall with no fish over 40 cm. Most have come from suspended schools towards the wall and up around the islands on both slider grubs and soft jackals. The dam is fishing as good if not better than ever at the moment. Thats my opinion anyway.

Rob