Thread: Monduran Easter Report

Monduran Easter Report

Fishing over Easter has been been great at Monduran with a lot of barra caught as well as some nice bass and silvers. Most of the Barra have been taken in the shallow bays with water temp around the 27 degree. Also quiet a few were taken off the spillway early in the morning before the ski boats and jetskis hit the water. Some nice silver perch have also come from this area early in the morning caught by kids using prawns as bait.
    Cheers Foxie

P.S. good to meet you Fitzy and only 4 more sleeps till I get my new boat and get back on the water.

Re: Monduran Easter Report

Hi foxie,

Are they still getting the barra up the far end of the dam?

Jas

Hi Foxie,
    Great to meet You & Jackie & thanks for the hospitality.

We ended up landing about 8 barra in the bit over 24 hours we were there. Got smoked by a few more.

Jason (Birdy) Bird is doing a full report in the next edition of Bush N Beach with some pics, tips on locations & techniques.

Cheers,

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Hey Jas,
    They sure are but the temps have dropped greatly since Easter so we reckon only got a few weeks left till the barra start shutting down.

still_water

Jas,
    # # Over the weekend we done three afternoon /night trips and in total lost and boated20+Barra so keep an eye on the next moon phase

Ausfish Silver Member

hi- we fished Monduran for the first time 29/3 -3/4- beatufull place- pretty big too - we (my better half and little fella -so we couldnt get to serious) put in a few sessions- my 3 yo son loved wrestling with the catfish- well any fish was great. we found the water temp dropping while there- ranged 25-26 mostly and in some spots scraped 27C- anyway perserverance paid off in the end and we boated a 68cm barra-caught on a b52 blue/silver- .top place - got put some more time in there- please can anyone give me an idea on the better months there?- moon phase ? is that leading up to the full moon? have tried to attach a photo- not sure how it ll work out- bit complex these computer thingys
    best regards
    lew