Thread: Lake Maroon 03Apr05 with Pics

Lake Maroon 03Apr05 with Pics

Hi All,

Well managed to head back to maroon yesterday afternoon for some more Bass. Was a little dissheartened by the 10 or so speed boats roaring around. Paddled bak up to the weed beds around the western end of lake again.

4th cast of the session and I was on, christened my new reel on a nice healthy bass of 30cm. I continued using a jackall and ended up with 5 bass from 27cm-32cm. As it got darker the bass started feedingon the surface so I decided to use my spinning gear and a lightly weighted squidgy and nailed 3 more Bass.I was getting plenty of hits on the squidgy but was having a bad time setting the hook. Remembered reading about stopping the retrieve after a good hit and letting the plastic to fall. Worked a treat , managed to convert better using that method although the bass on the plastics were smaller 23-26cm.

Ended up with 8 bass for the afternoon, certainly my best session so far .All let go to fight another day .Great to meet another ausfish member while out there, Hi Cloud 9, thanks for the tips on Clarrie hall etc.

Regarding Bobby question in my last report on the cost of the yak, $1500 with rodholders,webbing,paddle clips,leash, fiberglass paddle and foot rests. I got mine from Bill at Fishing Noosa and was a great help. as for the sounder, I picked mine up on ebay for $400aud incl postage from the states.

Cheers
    Aaron

Re: Lake Maroon 03Apr05 with Pics

Here is another pic.

Last one of a Bass with advocado squidgy fish.

gida arron
    lucky your zipper is closed
    will have to try further up the dam next trip
    the newbie with me and myself only got 4 between us but dropped quite a few aswell, allong with the hits without hookups.
    will have to brake out my jackall next trip aswell.
    it was nice chating with you too, mite meet up again soon.

Cheers cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly