Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Maroon 29mar05  with pics

Lake Maroon 29mar05  with pics

Hi All,

Went back to Maroon after last weeks success to see if I could catch some more Bass. On the water by 7am and a few boats on the water. Paddled down to the Yellow bouy on the western end of the lake to fish the weedbeds again.

Fishing started slowly and the wind was quiet strong. Was hoping to surface fish but the wind had made the lake a wave factory. Out came the lipless crankbaits. Ended up catching 6 bass, mostly small, around 30cm but did manage one that went just shy of 36cm.

I did get a few hits on some 100mm squidgie fish in the Gary glitter and advacado but couldn't convert. All in all a good day out on the water.

Cheers
    Aaron

Re: Lake Maroon 29mar05 #with pics

here is another pic

there small !!! i got two bass 58 cm

Quote Originally Posted by logan_whiting
    Logan,
    Unless you know this guy very well and having a friendly dig at him, that is a low blow and not warranted. Pull ya head in.

If he went all the wayup to the yellow bouy it aint no close walk, what he caught is irelivent ,,he had a great day and thats all that counts.........I dont give a rats about what you caught

Hi Logan,

Lake Maroon from what i have heard is not famous for its big bass like some of the other lakes around such as somerset.Speaking to some of the locals who were also fishing said that any bass above 35cm is good going at Maroon.
    I dont know where you got 2 bass 58cm long but have you any pics ??? ???Location ??? ???
    Anyone who get bass over the magical 50cm mark are having a awesome day and have achieved a bass milestone. I am still to crack the 50cm club but have come close a few times at 48cm.

Thanks Tony for your support, no I don't know Logan and hopefully from now he will only post usefull information/ reports for like minded fisherman.

Cheers

Aaron

Aaron,

Nice bass for maroon, I think that the bass in the dam will stay small until it goes full again one day, I myself seem to find the nicer fish are around 34 to 40 cm these days. Over stocking and hi fishing pressure sees big fish out small fish in. If you are interest in some great river locations to paddle and fish for bass pm me.

WHITTO

Ya Know I was going to make a comment about our loud mouth friend,but I think I will treat his comment with the contempt that it deserves,Although I would love to see the photograph of his apparent good catches, but I get the feeling thats not going to happen, Good Fishing Aaron considering the effort you put in to get them, Cheers Whitto

top fish maybe a really stupid question but.. where is maroon? looks like a yak your fishing out of.. got any photos of it?
    is that a river 2 sea crank bait?

Lake Maroon is situated in between Boonah and Rathdowney. Nice little place at its full potential. And no it is not renowned for big size fish with the biggest I have ever heard of being caught there was 49cm (that was about 6yrs ago and I did see video proof!). The size averages around the 30-35cm mark so you did well Aaron.

Tony...couldnt of said it better myself so I wont add to the discontempt. Though I would like to see a pic of a 58cm bass!

Quote Originally Posted by logan_whiting
    Just had the thought that maybe the 58cm was the combined length of the 2 fish...putting them at 29cm each

Went to maroon a few weeks ago for a big fat zero. Did the bass pull the kayak around a bit. I hooked onto a solid bream the other day and had to get dad to paddle backwards to stop it from pulling us into the snag.

Hi

Thanks everyone for their support.
    regarding my Kayak it is a Perception Swing that has been decked out for fishing. I have attached a few pics below. The first is one as i was about to launch down in the pin for some muddies and flathead. The second pic shows where I have mounted Humminbird matrix 20 sounder with GPS. The white mushroom thing on the front in the second pic is the antenna for GPS. It is a great platform to fish from and have seen some amazing stuff while silently cruzing around.

As for the lure it is a Luckycraft LV-200 from japan. They are the same sort of lure as the Jackall. I wanted to try these and give my jackall a rest and see how they would go.

Cheers
    Aaron

Here is the second pic

what a bloody ripper... been thinking about upgrading my yak..something to do on windy days.

hay i didn't say i got the bass at maroon !!!!!!!!! i got them at wuruma dam over easter full report is coming when mate bring mine pics over!!!! and i am not joking the bass went 3kg