Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Maroon 29mar05  with pics

Re: Lake Maroon 29mar05 #with pics

well why pipe up and say a 36cm bass is small.. from what others have said maroon usnt known for big fish... so if there isnt BIG fish in there, how was he meant to catch them>?

i went there last easter and my mate, mo got a 49 cm one but anyway it was not intended to get up everyone 's nose i was just saying i got two bass 58 cm there was no hard feelings towards aaron

Nice fish Aaron. I was thinking of getting a matrix for my canoe. Didn't realise the gps receiver was so big. Can't wait to get towed around on Wivenhoe this winter. We should hook up for a fish one day, I leave my canoes at my parents place which is out towards Ipswich.

Aaron,
    Nice fish for Maroon. I was told the electric comp which was run out there recently returned no legals for the entire weekend (please correct me if I've been mis informed). So to pull six Bass of any size is going well.
    I don't know if you're aware of this site but a mate of mine has a Kayak fishing site which deals with SE QLD areas and yak fishos. If you want to check it out here's the address
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~aus-...ing/index.html
    Tony is the site administrator and is a regular on this site also so I hope the Ausfish guru doesn't mind me posting up another site addy. Guess I'll find out soon.
    Regards
    J

Hi Jedster,

I am aware of that site and visit it a few times a week. There is also a new australia wide Kayak fishing website that has reports, articles etc which is great to see. Yakking is getting more popular and its great for the sport.

I am yet to meet up with the boys from SE Qld site but hopefully soon I will be able to link up with the boys and have a fish.

Cheers
    Aaron

aroon, how much di the kyak cost, including the sounder?

bobby

aroon nice bass and a even nicer yak sure puts mine down a peg or two
    as for these magical big bass well i have been bass fishing for a fair time and i need to say to get a couple of 58cm bass even on diffrent weekends would be somewhat a record for even the home of big bass Glenbourne!58cm is as big as i have seen bass and can say i have only know two of these that have been verified by the tape and a snap!
    sure you may of but i would say if you have ring up some glossy mags and sell them as i only know of two
    me myself i also am waiting to crack the big 50 but it is somewhat harder for my seems i mainly fish wild river bass (rivers also that have never been stocked)
    this is my last sessions biggest at around 35cm (not messured) not a good pic of it but i love this action shot

p.s. don't take it personly loagan as you may of i don't know if you have done it well done i'm just stateing that these big bass you hear about a fair bit are always smaller than stated
    go down to a big bass dam on the weekends and see how may 55cm bass get call 60+cm (well not that many as 55's aren't that comone) or even those big fat 35cm that get called 40cm

Gidday Everyone

Just like to throw my 2 cents in, I have a couple of bass around about 45 cm as my biggest out of Maroon, (I think I can claim to being an adopted local having fishing there consistently for the last 10 years.)

NO Bony Bream / Spangled Perch or major forage/bait fish is why the Bass do not get too big. They spend a lot of time feeding on insects.

But Maroon is a great little dam, with great scenery that rarely does not produce.

Cheers
    Budgebass

ok i am still waiting for the pic's from my mate but i pulled one of the frames out of the frezzer to show you

and here it is compared to my size 10 shoe which is 30 cm long

The day, I catch a fish of a lifetime the last thing I will be doing, is killing it.

Pity you had to kill it.

Catch and release for me with a photo.

Macca

How do we know it's a size 10

Macca

i love maroon because i've only been there once amd not caught a fish.
    i prefer maroon to hinze which is closer to me but my success there is up to shite.
    maroon has established weed beds, which are easy to fish for a result.
    i think the biggest ive caught a maroon is 42cm, but saying that the last trip had a bass take me to the cleaners , couldn't stop it on 4 lb. so ether big bass or something else maybe ??

Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly