Thread: Lake Maroon 17/04/05

Lake Maroon 17/04/05

Hi All,

went oback to Marron yesterday afternoon for another session chasing bass. Caught 10 bass for the 3 hours on the water with 2 legals,33 and 32cm and dropped 3 more fish( hook change mid way throught the session on the jackall)

The first bass had a head deformaty. It didnt stop him nailing the jackall. Must of been injured or a breeding deformaty in the stocked fingerlings ???? He went back to continue his life anyway. I habe attatched a pic anyway.

I also caught one bass right on dark on a popper that was really dark compared to the other bass of the day. It hought it must be a resident fish that has been in there a long time?
    It was very brown all the way down the body unlike the rest which are tan/silverish. Any idea's 8 ???

Cheers
    Aaron

Re: Lake Maroon 17/04/05

Here is one of the legal fish.

here is a pic of the very dark bass ?

Hi Arron,

Great pics again, geez that poor little fish, looks like his whole top jaw is missing, just goes to show you how resilient fish are.

Glen.
    Cheers Glen,

One Life, What will you catch next!

Aaron,

The bass in or dams look alittle different from each other depending on were they hang out. The bass in the photo looks like it hangs in the weed beds most of the time were as the lighter one are from the open flats. I have seen bass that are almost black in colour due to there habitat.

Jas.

Hi All,

The Darker fish was actually caught on a steep bank that looked like it dropped into deeper water. Another guy fishing when I paddled past him on the way to the weed beds said he had some good arches on his sounder around that area. i tried it as i was paddling home on dark.

It was where I was talking to you Cloud 9 a few weeks ago.

Cheers
    Aaron