Thread: A Cheap Alternative (maybe)

WHITTO

A Cheap Alternative (maybe)

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Spotted these lures at a shop with a W in its name and thought they maybe a cheap alternative to the Jackal lures,bought these two for $8.00 as opposed to $25 + for the Jackal's,have not tried them yet, maybe worth a try, Cheers Whitto

Re: A Cheap Alternative (maybe)

let us know how they go mate they look good enough

yeah have seen them aswell i bought one also but have not tried it yet they come in 2 sizes and you can change the tails atwill

if either of them is gunna work i would say it will be the bottom one the only jackals and jackal imitations i have caught fish on is the natural coloured ones. I dunno if this is the same for anyone else but its like that for me.
    Nathan

Hi guy's, tried the natural colour out when me and a mate were out at cressbrook a while ago. Didn't have much luck with it, but sprayed some of that garlic spray on it and got smashed a couple of times by a good yella. Mate caught a good yella from the same snag with another fake jackal. But Im not a very good fisherman and have had not much luck with ANY lures so don't take too much notice of me. CHEERS woody

What's this with "Jackall Imitations". There have been Rattling Spots and Rapala, and Daiwa and a host of other brands of Lipless crank baits on the market for a long time. I think you'll find that Jackall Bros. imitated them, and not the other way around.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

good call Aussiebasser...its not as if Jackalls are the first ever lipless bait on the market...they just seem to make a BETTER product than the other manufacturers!!!!!

Not all that convinced about a "better" product either. #I've done pretty well on a $4.95 Prince and a $5.95 Rapala, to the point that I've outfished guys throwing Jackalls. #Sure, the Jackalls are supposed to sit nose down on the bottom with their bum sticking up in the air, but I haven't taken many fish with them just sitting there, apart from Forktail catfish.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to