Thread: maroon dam 25/7/05

scotty

maroon dam 25/7/05

went to maroon dam yesterday instead of the weekend got there at 9am got stuck into it. had a ripper of a day, first cast caught 34cm yellowbelly took two of me mates with me one has never fished freshwater and on his second cast he got nailed by a 39cm bass (his first freshwater fish ) me other mate after 10mins of casting finially got hit by a 32cm yellowbelly on a stumpjumper the fishing died off for #a wile so we moved spots and the only hit i got was from me mates rod so we and had a feed got back to fishing bout 11.30-12.00 was dead till about 4:30pm caught a few more bass and a small yella but the catch of the day was a 62cm mary river cod
    on a dukin yabby put on #a good fight but was even better to see it swimm away when we released it for the day we caught7 fish all up

goood fishing to you all

scotty

Re: maroon dam 25/7/05

Sounds like you had a great day, the weather would have been perfect. I bet your mate was happy with a bass on his 2nd cast, lucky bugger.

scotty

lucky buger is right(i have never caught a bass yet)and for him to pull one up on his first freshwater fishing experince well lets just say im p!ssed

scotty nice catch, that 62cm mary must of been a monster. how did you manage that. i have never cought a mary. only heaps of bass
    DONT HATE THE ANGLER, HATE THE GAME

scotty

just one of them days i geuss it was on a dinkum yabby $10 job
    it was pretty fat prob 3kg