Thread: Lake wivenhoe 19 aug 05

Lake wivenhoe 19 aug 05

Hi All,

Went out to Big W this afternoon, great conditions, mirror lake. Paddled out of Logans and out and around toward s Platipus cliffs. Tried a new lure today, Strike Zone Cicada with different hole for different depths, worked well and got my first bass although small.

The bass had a deformed motuth but didnt seem to worry the little bloke who took the lure in about 25ft of water.

The second bass was caught on a Jackall TN-70 in the same depth of water. It was a better fish, 45cm but not the size that BigW in know for.

Caught a few catties as well and a bony bream jagged on the jackall.

Cheers
    Aaron

Re: Lake wivenhoe 19 aug 05

Here is the better bass of the day in my Yak.

And another...

Some nice fish there mate. would have beautiful out there.

Those cicada's sure have a very strong and vibrant shimmy action! Were you towing around the large or a medium?

Regards
    CT

Aaron,

Great Fish

Geez your lucky, having friday's off to go fishing, I'm jealous!

Cheers

Macca

HI 1337,

The strike zone lure was the small version, the body is about 60mm long. I had heard reports that they are a good lure and I like the fact you can change the depth by using different tow point. The ralltle inside is not very loud but the action is good.

Macca, only friday afternoons but enough time to wet a line so cannot complain. The conditions were awesome, very comfortable. Have you been out there in the yaks yet?

Here is one of the many schools of bait found while trolling around. Probably should of stopped and dropped some platics down ot run a mask through them
    Cheers
    Aaron