Thread: 2005 BP Dam Golden Lure Tournament

2005 BP Dam Golden Lure Tournament

“THE GOLDEN LURE”
    CATCH AND RELEASE COMPETITION
    (BJELKE-PETERSEN DAM)

Capitalising on the success of the previous “Golden Lures” where over 5,200 fish of legal size or greater have been caught and released over the four year history of the event, the Kingaroy Sportfishing Club (A.N.S.A.) are looking forward to running the tournament again at Bjelke-Petersen Dam on the 5th and 6th of November 2005.

Bjelke-Petersen Dam is situated near Murgon, 2 ˝ hours drive north of Brisbane. It has great facilities which include fully self-contained cabins, a caravan park with powered sites, hot showers and a well equipped café and tackle shop making it easy for all competitors to enjoy the competition. There are also many wineries and other tourist attractions within close proximity of the dam. Why not make it a great family weekend!

Bjelke-Petersen Dam is one of the premier impoundments of South-East Queensland, gaining a reputation for trophy size Golden Perch and Australian Bass in recent years. This reputation draws fishermen from all over the country. The month of November should also see the dam fishing its best. After a long cold winter the hungry fish will be out on the extensive flats and weed beds looking for any morsel they can find, including lures. Is it any wonder why we chose Bjelke-Petersen Dam in November as the venue for the competition!

The event is a non-invitational catch and release competition with everyone welcome to attend. There must be at least two people per team and only artificial lures, baits and flys can be used. Trolling lures is allowed and our club has tried to make this competition as enjoyable as possible by having the rules this way. In keeping with this fun theme, just like the old days, the emphasis isn’t on the prizes but on the fishing and the enjoyment that goes with it.

There will be a small number of top quality prizes and trophies which we trust will be valued by all competitors. Prizes and trophies will be given for Champion Team + Runner Up, Champion Senior + Runner Up, Champion Junior + Runner Up, Longest Golden Perch and Longest Australian Bass. There will also be two perpetual trophies up for grabs for Champion Team and Champion Angler (Senior or Junior). Teams larger than two need to be aware the KSC will only be providing two trophies/prizes for any team category.

For the entry fee of $80 you will get all meals for the weekend, nomination into the competition and a satisfying and relaxing weekend. Don’t forget that it is BYO alcohol. Nominations close last mail the 28th October 2005 with early bird draws for competitors entered before the 21st October. Freshwater Stocked Impoundment Permits are required to fish the competition.

Camping arrangements can be made with Yallakool Tourist Park on (07) 4168 4746.

For more information contact: Lucas at Bass to Barra Marine on:

(07) 4162 7555 or E-mail lucask@basstobarra.com.au

Copies of the forms can be found here. Thanks Steve for hosting these pages.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/gl/

scotty

Re: 2005 BP Dam Golden Lure Tournament

sounds like it should be good... have to work out my finicial situation after puting a deposit on my new boat cant wait till i get it, but just starting to get into the comps and i might give it a hit providing i dont have to work