Thread: The Big Barra Boys are at Monduran this weekend

The Big Barra Boys are at Monduran this weekend

Maybe that should read the rich boys... Heard on the grapevine that there is a Comp on at Monduran this weekend ..Entry l am told is $300 and its invite only There wil be Japanese as well as Americans competing its supposed to be hush hush but the Bundy paper spilled the beans.....Might go down for a fish..Gee l might learn something # Late Mail just had a chat to STEVE BAIN ??? Entry fee is $1000 So he tells me about 10 boats entered
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Re:  The Big Barra Boys are at Monduran this

1000 bloody dollars ,another power trip for the big boys .we can fish it for the cost of camping fees and still get the same enjoyment out of it.sounds like more money than sense to me.

Making a humble pastime elitist [smiley=dunce.gif]

Not sure that it was hush hush. I think it's the Internation Bass Tournament. They ran one last year at Boondooma and this year's was supposed to be at Wivenhoe although they ran into problems regarding petrol motors. It pairs up Internationl visitors with invited local anglers.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

krtazy

there would want to be some sweet prizes

hi there guys,
    The comp was nothing like what you think...far from eliteist..im am certainly not a Big Barra Boy...i have caught a few, as well as the odd bass.. like all things ..they happen for a reason, and there was good reasons for this comp... as it was more a trial event.

as far as turning a simple sport into something out of reach of the average bloke...or lady (kim bain fished it as well)... i own a 3.5m explorer..earn about 27k per year have a wife and two children..cant get more average than that...

cheers LES

BTW....my good friend amd myself actually won the event...

just a pick of a little guy...68cm[img][/img]

Good for you Leso!

well done lesso ,what was the comp about,will it be a annual thing for the average fisho or invite only.

the guy that organises these comps has a close association with the international bass assoc. this was a small trial to see if it was possible to run a comp that targets both barra & bass...there will probably be another one..when, who knows...think th invitational bit comes 'cause steve invites a few people to test his ideas, and take some overseas fishos out ... i had the pleasure to take a japanese guy out last year...(you should see there tackle boxes and there gear...wow)
    the comps are open to everyone..but the entry fee does limit the numbers...but after fishing last w/end..any locals that could catch BOTH barra and bass would have won some cash and got their money back at least..

cheers leso

another point i forgot to mention ..is the potential dollars for the local communities...can you picture 200 cashed up japanese bass pros...fishing a comp at lake monduran..all need a boat to fish from..all need somewhere to stay..all need someone to show them around the lake..all need the local lures that work.....sounds a bit out there...but think it could happen one day

once again cheers ...leso

thanks leso,hope the price comes down a bit to help e few more people have a go at it,cheers

Les... was it $1000 to enter ??? or $300 as the Bundy paper said
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Re: #The Big Barra Boys are at Monduran this

Quote Originally Posted by leso
    ##the comps are open to everyone..but the entry fee does limit the numbers
    #cheers leso
    Maybe it is a bit more closed to the "average bloke" than is willing to be admitted.

even it went from $1000 down to $300 it is still a bloody lot of money

S.S.

At least one person got to line their pocket