Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga Monsters

Awoonga Monsters

Dave and l had a good day today lost a few.. But the ones that we landed sure make up for it...101...103 and the big girl 112...She topped the scales out... over 25 kg
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Re: Awoonga Monsters

No 2

Big Girl

Well done Trev and Dave [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif] ... Think i may have to go and see doctor week off... [smiley=sick2.gif] ... Gee work sucks

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

scott_b

Gday Trev
    These pics look real good, only 1000 kms and 2 more sleeps. McCod I don't mean to be nosey but how do you get a name like McCod when you seem to be a barra fisherman.
    wamjam

wamjam .... will send ya a PM as i'm sick of sending a reply via this post as it keeps going into cyberspace... # C how this 1 goes?

# # Cheers Barra junky.. [smiley=lolk.gif]

S.S.

Out of curiosity's sake, I was wondering how a lot of the barra weights were being measured/estimated?
    Just a few measurements/weights a v. good barra angler has given me (he fishes the dam every couple of days....) #

103cm - roughly 15-17kg
    110-112cm - 18-20kg
    he's caught a 109cm that weighed 20kg but a 111 & 112cm that weighed 19kg
    119cm fish 25.5kg
    and 126cm fish at 29.8kg

He's found that the weights can vary up to 3kg on the bigger fish

SS .... very hard to get a weight length ratio as they all don't grow into heavy weights.... have seen a neat 1 mtr Faust Barra @ only 10 KG.
    Built like a wild river fish...

Cheers Les

why do i spend 15 mins replying when my responses get consumed by some irritating problem??? seems McCod has had similar experiences.
    S.S, i had some great information for you! jump on the next shuttle to outer space and see if you can find it, just how McCod explained it, lost in cyber space.
    Johnny M

Try right clicking and saving what you have just typed, or type it somewhere else and copy it in if its worthy of that.

S.S.

I know some people over-exaggerate when it comes to fishing
    It's like metre flathead, try find someone who actually MEASURED the fish rather than estimating it's length!

My good friend actually got Harro's girlfriend onto a 122cm fish and 28kg.... He caught another four metre fish in a couple of hours earlier this week. He's got a pretty good idea of how much the weight/length measurements are.

And Johnny M....... I don't like technology either 1000 words probably took a couple of hours hey

There is not a weight length ratio. as you will still be guessing. as McCod has said they a all different. If you keep a record of length and the girth and weight etc you can get some sort of idea and will be within a KG or 2 . otherwise [smiley=huh2.gif]

Trev, huge thanks from a freshwater impoundment virgin barra fisho. First time mate and after your chat hooked up to a bloody submarine and rocket combined. Still shaking a day later, I.400 and probably bigger than me. Bloody AWESOME. Thanks to Trev (Awoonga - you are a legend mate Can anyone suggest any sedatives to get me down.
    NO BLOODY PHOTO'S >

s.s. your good friend wouldnt have a 115 yammie on his boat ?
    showing off around the boat ramp while people where holding on to their boats as the boats where hitting the rocks > > >

anyway dasher and all our group had a great time getting into the barra and some very cold beers at awonga for the last four days

Great work Trevor - was great to catch up with you, and very much appreciate you taking the time to say g'day and offer some tips for our first visit to Awoonga. Thanks again mate Let us know if you're coming down our way and we'll sort you out

Dan - too right mate! Can't stand that sort of stupid behaviour, it's not only annoying but downright dangerous. I imagine he'd be the first to go mental if anyone did the same to him - maybe I'll have the chance to repay the favour sometime

Dasher - shaddup, I'm not talking to you! (kidding)
    that was one helluva fish mate
    Cheers,
    Tony