awoonga did you see a little white boat called 'jackattack' go past

Re: Awoonga Ladies

So many Boats.... ....cant say l did...
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

S.S.

Congratulations to the 13 year old girls who managed to land some good barra. Fishing in a secret spot (of course) over two days the school girls caught 6 over 1.1m. How bloody good must Awoonga be fishing!!!

Yes Awoonga is fishing fantastic, but a big nod must be given to that special man (he doesn't need to be named) who took the time to let those kids enjoy what Awoonga has to offer. Is there such a thing as father of the year? I bow to people like that. I witnessed one capture, and watching the happy and elated young girls engrossed in the "jumping" excitement put a smile on my dial! Congratulations to the girls, and that barra fishing 'guru' of a father figure! He is a barra fishing god, one of those silent achievers that get forgotten by most!
    Your a Champ Old Mate, It's blokes like you young people need more of!!
    Johnny M

Thinking of heading down to Awonga in the next week or two. Any sunken timber or shallows that a first timer needs to look out for?
    Cheers
    Don.

Yes Johnny M...This guy is one off our best Barra fisherman...and a top bloke too

scotty

MAN THAT SECOND ONE IS A HORSE ID RECKON NOT MANY PEOPLE SWIM IN THE LAKE I DEFINTLY WOULDENT AFTER SEEING ALL THESE PICS BUT WOULD LOVE TO CATCH ONE COGRATS MATE

SCOTTY

Horse ah... well this ones just a pony..

scotty

a very big pony what the largest youve caught in awoonga do yous catch anythin else in there i.e bass yellowbelly or is it just stocked with barra once again congrats

cheers

scotty

Well there are Yellas,,,a few Togas...a few Sootys,,,a few...Jack...yes l said Mangrove jack a few thousand have been released...But mosty Barra oh the odd catie as well...Have l missed any Johnny

Nice Fish there guys!!

Thinking of heading down to Awoonga in the next week or two. Any sunken timber or shallows that a first timer needs to look out for?
    Cheers
    Don.

Dehydrated,
    When you ask about sunken timber and shallows to lookout for, i am presuming you are asking from a safety point of view!!
    Awoonga is a shipping nightmare, daytime and dark! Most water is quite deep, but shallow banks do appear unexpectedly out of the blue. Timber pushed, pulled, and dozed up in piles exists in many locations, and telltale signs of this are odd and sometimes only singular branches protruding above the surface. Big stumps in shallow water are a hazard. It was only yesterday that i broke half a blade off my propellor from a log or stump, or fencepost etc. Navigate with utmost caution!!
    Johnny M

Thanks Johnny,

You presumed correctly. The last thing I need is a broken boat in the middle of nowhere with no one around. I will proceed with caution.

Do you get mobile service in case of assistance being required?

Regards
    Don.
    Cheers
    Don.

Mobile service..Some areas have...