Thread: The World has found Lake Awoonga

The World has found Lake Awoonga

Thats what it seems like ! Never seen so many boats on the Lake...even after dark And its only October... Boat rage is alive and well... Lots of instances of boats cutting other boats off.. Coming into bays under full motor power...Had one guy tell me that l was fishing in his "spot" and to *** off.. madness....Am l partly to Blame that the world has found us ? Could be....If you post photos of fish you must attract some interest...l get phone calls, emails and PMs from people every day asking me for spot X... Dont bother....information on what gear to use and how to use it is freely given...even the type of areas that you should target...If you think that info is not enough... there is allways Johnny M at Lake Awoonga Fishing charters he will gladly take you fishing...
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

bosso

Re: The World has found Lake Awoonga

yeah and out of everyone there, there was noone to give me a tow back to shore when my outboard broke down as they where too busy fishing, ignerent bastards. lucky my brother and his mate came out. so the moral of this story is never trust a yamaha.

cheers

bosso

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga
    Thats what it seems like ! Never seen so many boats on the Lake...even after dark And its only October... Boat rage is alive and well... Lots of instances of boats cutting other boats off.. Coming into bays under full motor power...Had one guy #tell me that l was fishing in his "spot" and to *** off.. #madness....Am l partly to Blame that the world has found us ? Could be....If you post photos of fish you must attract some interest...l get phone calls, emails and PMs from people every day asking me for spot X... Dont bother....information on what gear to use and how to use it is freely given...even the type of areas that you should target...If you think that info is not enough... there is allways Johnny M at Lake Awoonga Fishing charters he will gladly take you fishing...
    You sound a bit peed off there Awoonga. Keep up the pics and reports - love em [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

S.S.

i suggest you keep off the water during the full moon in November Awoonga.... If you reckon there's a lot of boats there now, there is going to be a hell of a lot more then.

Awoonga has received a LOT of press over the last year in the mags so it'll only get worse.

SULLY73

I DUNNO TREV I THINK THAT THERE IS REALLY A GUINESS BOOK OF RECORDS ATTEMPT TO SEE HOW MANY BOATS CAN FIT INTO ONE BAY...WE JUST DON' T KNOW ABOUT IT.
    IT 'S A RELATIVELY BIG BODY OF WATER WITH A HUGE NUMBER OF FISH EVERBODY JUST NEEDS TO BE COOL, BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS,BE AWARE THAT THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE ON THE WATER.
    I AM ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE NUMBER OF BOATS GETTING AROUND AFTER DARK WITH NO NAV LIGHTS OR AT ANCHOR LIGHTS,THE LAST THING WE NEED IS ACCIDENTS.

BRAD

DNO40

I agree Brad,

I also see many boats getting around in the dark without lights.

The same boating rules apply at Lake Awoonga as they do in Gladstone Harbour WRT Nav lights.

The last thing we need as you say is an accident

DNO

From what I saw on Sunday arvo, an accident is almost inevitable
    Coming back to the ramp I had to dodge people towing a tube right in front of the ramp >
    Apparently the rest of the lake isn't enough.

I reckon the closed season for reef fish might have a little to do with it though.
    Awoonga ramp was packed, but Boyne and Toolooa were almost empty.

cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

The_Walrus

Unfortunately, no nav lights at night seems to becoming more prevalent.

Couple that with 4 stroke engines and with a bit of noise from the waves slapping the hull, you're lucky to even hear the idiots.

Looks like a good spotty is going to become the norm for night driving.

Sounds like the full moon might be a good time for a visit by the water police!!

Luc

Hi Trev,

Just want to use this opportunity to say it was nice meeting you.

Pity we were out done by Brett, his barra catching skill far exceeded his guiding skills.

I will definately be back...maybe in November for another shot (with YOUR LOST LURE, that I found).

Will keep in touch.

regards Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!