Thread: Your pick

Your pick

hi guys i'm going for a freshwater trip for about four days this november and i'm in search of a destination. Ive short listed BP, cania and callide dam. Ive fished BP before and had a ball but i wouldn't mind getting into a couple of barra or toga. Will be fishing over a weekend so i want to go to a dam that's not to crowded. Any hints or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Jeremy

Re: Your pick

hi i fished cania after a few days at awoonga and this place is really nice , great camping area with outdoor movies and wildlife,and the fishing was great even when the barometer was low when i was there. we caught some nice bass ,sarotoga,catfish. if your after a toga its agood spot,have aawsome trip. ps awoonga isnt that far should give it a go. bdowdy.....

BG

cant go wrong at cania , great spot with some great fishing

Awoonga will be busy, I was told 80 plus trailers at the ramp last weekend (I was one of them). But it is such a big lake that you will find a quite place to toss a lure.

Hi Jemery,

I would recomend Borumba for it great bass and toga fishing it is only two and half hours from brissy. It has camping grounds or if you like a bit more comfort the deer park 15 minutes down the road has accomadation. If you are casing barra than Monduran is a great spot also. Hope that helps,

JAS

Ausfish New Member

Mate, if it is a big barra you are chasing, Callide has produced some woppers this year. Off the bank & from boats.
    The folk at creek 2 coast are more than happy to point you in the right direction & what to use.
    We have had around 100mm of rain in the last week so I am not sure wether that will slow things down or help. More is rain forcast around this weekend so bring a coat.

Biloprop.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I'm booked in at cania from the 25th to the 29th of november. Decided to chase the toga as i've already got the gear for it instead of chasing barra. Yeh borumba is a great dam when the fish are biting, i'll probably do a couple of day trips in january, but i want to check out a few dams i haven't been to yet.

Alright i'm off tomorrow. Will post a report either tuesday night or wednesday.