Thread: Bass rod what are the best

krause69

Bass rod what are the best

Hi Fellas Just woundering what is a good bass rod for my new 2500FH spin reel nothing over $200 and want it between 2-5kg casting 1g squdies and hoping to use it in the salt too so i could really use some help and where are the best places to buy them

cheers krause

Re: Bass rod what are the best

go something like the Steve Starling squidgy rod in 7foot
    well under the $200 and more than another

krause69

cheers but what is the lure wieght on it mate

davidgrifin44

i have a steve starling squidgy bass spin. it is rated for 4-15 grams, but will cast 1 gram plastics no warries, to be honest the difference between a rod that says it will cast 1 - 7 grams, and one that says 5 - 20 (just an example) is hardly any. there is a few meters in it if that. you would be better off looking for a rod that is light, rather then one that is "rated" to cast tiny lures, as a light rod tends to be easier to cast and you can cast all day with it without any problems. have a look at the rods in the shop, and see which one feels nicest and lightest etc. also ask the guys at your tackle shop, they will be able to help you.

Dave

diawa proastor Z 4-8lb, really soft tip but still got a bit down low when u need it. I use it for bream, squire and bass. Running 4lb fire line cast 1/32 jig heads pretty easy. Retails around $180-$200. My mate just snapped one of mine on the weekend
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

davidgrifin44

yeah i have a procaster z 4 - 8lb baitcast rod. awsome rod. that sux why-ting, was it one of your procaster z's that snapped? and how did your mate snap it?

as dave said don't worrie too much about casting weights your more looking for a rod set up that can cast bigger diveing lures and let light poppers and jig heads

Samurai S004 or S002 are both great rods.
    Matt

krause69

yeah thanx guys what about the xcel weapons and Tcurvs series cheers krause

Quote Originally Posted by dave-griffin
    yeah i have a procaster z 4 - 8lb baitcast rod. awsome rod. that sux why-ting, was it one of your procaster z's that snapped? and how did your mate snap it?
    yeah it was a procastor Z my mates a bit of a kook when it comes to fishin. I was fishin down the back of the boat minding my own business, and my mate had just caught a little flathead must have bent the rod the way its not meant to be while getting the fish off. he then says " is this kink meant to be in your rod?" F$%K NO! Only lost the top two guides so ill just use it for a flathead jig stic now its a bit stiffer.
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

yeah what abpuyt the tcurve and xcal weapon series

yeah but what about the tcurve and xcel weapon series in the spinning

Hey

I use t- curves and xcel weapon rods, both very reliable and very well priced. If you are going for t-curve tournament, i don't think you will get one for under 200 but you'll get an xcel for that price.

krause69

cheers mate but i can go just over the 200 dollar mark so thanx