Thread: Sick lookin yella!

Sick lookin yella!

This fish didnt look to healthy when i caught it last year. The creek we were fishin was full of carp. Is there something wrong with it or just not gettin enough to eat?
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

Re: Sick lookin yella!

I wouldnt say it was obese for a crik yella guts, but I've seen thinner.
    One general rule of thumb with fish is:
    A hungry fish = a healthy fish.
    If it ate a lure, its good chance its ok.

If there's carp in the hole then there should be enough tucker for it.

Probably just a male fish thats more interested in other things than eatin......

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

where did you catch it it looks like a peter newell ploppy in its mouth , ive caught them like that down here in tenterfield and the same hole was full of carp. bdowdy

hey bdowdy, yeah that is a ploppy great little lures. The yella was caught bellow the wall at Splitrock dam down near tamworth. i dont do a great deal of fresh water fishin (couple of times a year) and just thought he was a bit skinny sounds like he was perfectly normal. thanks for the feed back guys Whytey.
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

yep thought it looked like a ploppy, there not making them any more, so there collecter items now, but if any one is after a few i know the bloke who makes them and he said he would do a batch up if theres a few people interested. nice fish anyway bdowdy

speaking of collector items does anyone know where any tenterfield dart lures are, where I can find them

cheers
    SPECKLY

last time i was in tenterfield they had a heap in that tackle store in the middle of town. i picked up a couple myself dunno if there still being made.

bdowdy, i could proberly get rid of a few up here in brissie especialy if u could get hold of some ploppy paddlers ive only got 2 left and there a bit smashed up (bib) heres a pic

hi guys im going fishing with the blokes son who makes the ploppys on the weekend so ill ask him what he has left but i can get you some new bibs for those paddlers , pm me on monday and ill try to work out how to get them to ya, as for the tenterfield darts they might be hard to get as trevor mc feeters who makes these lures is unwell and wont be making any more. may talk to his son in the near future and he may have some left but they could be expensive. bdowdy

scott_b

Gday Why_ting
    Mate that yella is doing it tough but at least he is not wearing a box for a hat .
    Speckly the last dart I seen forsale was on ebay went for 36 bucks , secondhand plus freight.
    wamjam

Forgot my hat that day and it was cooking lucky we polished off a carton of jimmys the night before and the carton was in the car. I thought it was a good idea at the time but dont think ill market them as a must have fashion accessory for this summer