Thread: Afternoon at Awoonga

DNO40

Afternoon at Awoonga

Went for a fish yesterday afternoon with Ausfish member Jotley and my 8 year old son.

The weather looked threatening all afternoon, but in the 41/2 hours on the water we didn't see a drop.

Headed to a new spot for Jotley, and one that I hadn't had much luck at in the past despite other good reports from people.

Fishing the sticks Jotley landed a 480, not bad for the first fish of the day and things were starting to look promising.

Next It was my turn, a much bigger fish but lost in the sticks with the trebles on my lure straightening.

Jotley was on again, a short fight amongst the sticks and he had himself a 660 in the boat. A quick photo on the camera phone as we both forgot cameras and back to the water.

Nothing after this for the remaining hour that we stayed out. We headed to queue up at the boat ramp.

Not a lot of fish, but a good afternoon on the water.

Will post pic when I get it off Joels Camera / Phone

DNO

Re: Afternoon at Awoonga

Congrats Joel Now you can go after the big girls.... Dno..you get that....We stayed out untill 11pm not much action but a strange Phenomenon did happen....Have heard and seen this at Monduran on a much smaller scale.. Dont know if it was linked to the storm that was passing by or not..At Monduran what happened was that Foxie and l where fishing in a bay when something spooked the fish and the water just erupted all around us....Last night it seemed like the whole dam was erupting...like " its hard to explain "a noise coming towards you then going out over the dam like a wave ..the fish seen to be spooked by something ..it happened about five times..eire thats what it was...l know that it does happen out at sea when there is a change coming through the fish go ape for a short while..The will hit anything that moves. but in this case they wouldn,t touch a lure
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

#thunder in the hills Trev, Castletower area - echoing and shuddering, soundwaves travelling back and forth...................yep its a different sound alright!! Heard it last night ourselves. It makes you stop and think,,,,"what the??" ............................Strange feeling that one!
    johnny

Iveragh today at about 3 pm. and I now know how fast my boat can go!

DNO40

How do you think all of this activity will affect the fishing. It can only be for the better surely ?

I doubt that this storming will have much affect on the dam levels, maybe just hold it for a bit longer at the current level.

Trev ... Sounds Eerie alright, after we left you we went and fished another spot until about 2000. We got back to the ramp at about 2020 and it was queue city.

Joel is stoked with his two catches and now is a believer that the dam has Barra.

Did you land anything Trev / Brad ?

Johnny .... I would have been moving quite quickly myself. Yesterday looked terrible from a distance.

DNO

No, but Sunday was a #bit better #four fish

CQ_Fisher

Hey Trev, nice fish in the pics!! The bloke "Sully" in the pics, is his name Jason?

JD

No its Brad