Thread: what is a good rod and reel for sweetwater fishing

what is a good rod and reel for sweetwater fishing

What is a good rod and reel for sweetwater fishing what other #equipment does one need to catch #oversize sardine? #LOL
    Seriously-- Ahoj

still_water

Re: what is a good rod and reel for sweetwater fis

ahoj,
    If you could give us a bit more of an idea of what type of species you will be targetting and a maximum dollar value you could go to I'm sure there will plenty of fishers with different opinions who will be able to help you out . [smiley=beer.gif]

darryl_l

Hey still-water,

Did you end up going with that expensive $39.95 rod and reel combo ya misses wanted you to go with after the broken rod saga lol

Darryl L

still_water

Yeh , ended up buying one from solly's for $7.95 even came with hooks, sinkers, floats ,etc,etc. Good Rig it's held some big soft plastics , So Far ?.

well the fact that you live in Gympie.....

opens up a wide range of species within a days drive...ya better be more specific me thinks

For bass two rigs will cover pretty much the entire spectrum of lures and bait.
    1. A graphite spin outfit between 6-7ft long running 4-8lb
    2. A graphite baitcasting outfit around 6ft using 10lb.

Start with the spin outfit as it is more versitle/ easier to use, but eventually you will require a baitcaster for accurate casting in snaggy areas. these are not the only two outfits you can use. for example in time you may want a longer baitcast rod or one suited for lighter line or a heavier spin rod etc but these are you two more useful outfits required for bass.

I feel Lucky---- a beginners Luck

My Rig

Ahoj

One more

Smooth and fast 6 HP yamaha is pushing it @ aprox 15 knots with very little resistance @ about 1/2 trottle with 300kg of total weight . #Ideal 2 people fishing platform

Very happy # Ahoj

Thans jerromy and all for your input