Thread: Air Barra

Air Barra

Just got back a few days ago from Fishing lake Awoonga with the wife for a week. Got into some good fish there.... But the best fun was the few sessions on Monduran Dam last week end. Only fished the mornin & arvo sessions with 17 Barra landed from 13 hrs fishing with 4 over the meter.... At certain times the Barra jumping out of the water..... with several nearly jumping in the boat.... it was an awsome sight and sound show with big Barra smashing bait fish on the surface.... A few caught on the troll and the rest casting.... Lures that worked were the Reidys Big B52, Halco Scorpion 150 mm in the 3.5 mtr depth and The Predatek Viper.

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

DNO40

Re: Air Barra

Excellent stuff Les. Must get to Monduran one day. I have been saying that for years, but still don't go past Awoonga.

No "Hookups" this time ?

DNO

Les,
    Long time no chat. I did see you up the boyne a week or so back as you went passed! Great to see you enjoying some top fishing sessions with the good lady. The barra are obviously on the go when they jump like all hell, and almost leap into the boat. It's hard not to enjoy a session like that, as they usually eat all that is offered. Had that almost happen on a few occassions up here. A client almost had a 25 kg barra and the lure and its hooks land on his feet from an uncontrolled jumping fish. Lucky for the angler the fish bounced off the bow/gunnel/side deck and back into the drink. Not before leaving scales and slime in the boat.
    Hope all has been going well for you mate, and we will sit down for a beer when the opportunity lets.
    talk to you when it happens.
    Regards,
    Johnny.

DNO... yeah mate no hook ups in the wrong places this trip
    No more pain thanx.....

Johny..... Yeah mate sorry i should of come over for a chat.... looked like ya were trying to out think those barra mate
    Will give ya bell next time i'm up there.

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Roger That Les,
    An ale or two should be had, the weather is dictating that need as it is!
    Look forward to more than just a 'hello!'
    Regards,
    Johnny M