Thread: Queensland freshwater trout.

Queensland freshwater trout.

Hi Fellas,

I have been hearing for the past 20 years of several small stockings of rainbow and brown trout in southern queensland waters.

I am wondering if anybody out there can confirm there are any trout in Queensland waterways.

I know for a fact that near Toowoomba some 45-50 years ago a local at spring creek brought up and released rainbows in Spring Creek but the fishery did not develop and the stocks did not multiply like hoped. As recently as 3 years ago I have heard of trout still being taken from that creek on very rare occasions.

Are there any other locations that might have a population that might be surviving?

Jack.

Re: Queensland freshwater trout.

Only know of a population of trout around the Warick Killarney area.... up in the high country ... not sure on the creek name though.Think its around Queen Mary Falls.... BlackFish are in the same area and are rare as.... and are on the protected list.

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

its the condamine mate no access though as its all private property

Thanks fellas,

I heard this morning there are also trout to be had below the glenlyon dam wall.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack
    Thanks fellas,

I heard this morning there are also trout to be had below the glenlyon dam wall.

Jack
    Yeah mate there pulling ya leg when they say theres trout below Glenlyon dam wall..... only Swamp Trout."CARP" in that hole

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."