Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G-vibe Lipless Crankbaits

Re: G-vibe Lipless Crankbaits

how many different colours do they come in,

I got a few the other day at a shop however they only had 4 colours, two ayu types and one red and one green

are these the only colours they brought out?

Cheers,

Ben

got some g-vibes from the mart whos name cannot be spoken in cannon hill!! @ 3 for $10 yes thats right 5 bucks each!! got the silvery gold matt black flashy orange colour and bright blue!!

hope they work!!

Dan...

I noticed on alot of Thread's on different Chat Boards that alot of you are finding that you are having to wait awile for them to drop... If you want a G-Vibe to sink like a Jackall, or even quicker then a Jackall then go and get yourself a few Kokoda G-Vibe Search lures... Thats what they are called, Search Vibe's. They have added weight on the chin of the Crankbait and they sink faster then Jackall's. They are abit harder to get then the usual Vibe's... If you cant get hold of the Search one's just use a few split shot sinkers above the lure and that gets them down pretty quick and lets them stay in the zone longer.
    TT

You could always drill a small hole in them, and add a little ball bearing to them. Then super glue the hole up again.

Would make them a bit heavier, and give them more of a rattle

I've heard from another source that doing the same thing with a spit shot and some silicon is effective. Not tried it yet but will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    I noticed on alot of Thread's on different Chat Boards that alot of you are finding that you are having to wait awile for them to drop... If you want a G-Vibe to sink like a Jackall, or even quicker then a Jackall then go and get yourself a few Kokoda G-Vibe Search lures... Thats what they are called, Search Vibe's. They have added weight on the chin of the Crankbait and they sink faster then Jackall's. They are abit harder to get then the usual Vibe's... If you cant get hold of the Search one's just use a few split shot sinkers above the lure and that gets them down pretty quick and lets them stay in the zone longer.

I think that at a lot of times it is an advantage for a lure to take its time getting to the bottom. More time for strikes from midwater bass.

I find these type lures ok, but will always use a jackall first, unless I am unsure as to whether there are any snags in the area. I must admit I don't give them much swimming time compared to my jackalls, one day I might leave the jackalls at home and just take my G Vibes and see what happens.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rivermanau View Post
    The mart which dare not speak its name is advertising them @ 2 for $10.
    But neither of my local stores have any stock and just shrug their shoulders.
    (Don't know what the point of advertising them was!)
    So where did you get them mate?
    (SE QLD?)
    Robert

Their store at Lawnton had them there just after New Years at 3 for $10.00. They were there last week in good numbers at 2 for $10.00. Their store at Mitchelton had some as well.

Regards Cameron.

Hey Quinn

YEah they work alright an dyeah they are cheaper, and dont hurt as much when they get snagged up and you lose them.
    In regards to th weight problem see if you can get hold of some Tungsten putty.

You can add as little or as much as you like to get em to sink at the rate you require, its great stuff and re- usable.
    Think its actual retail name is tacky weight, or something similar.

Pete

I have used the Kokoda G-vibes with great success......they look exactly like a jackal.They are a great lure for the money but the trebles need to be upgraded.
    I used these once and caught 6 bass and my mate was using the genuine Jackall's and caught none....He wasnt happy.
    Last edited by Pistol_P; 18-01-2007 at 07:34 PM.

well worth the money best day so far on them 18 in 1and a half hours 3 over 50cm bought 6 for 20 bucks beats buying 1 for 20 bucks

quinn

good to see that they work and at that price bargin
    Cheers

Steven

Are you blokes a bit strange?
    Not knowing what a "G-vibe" is I did a google search on it. The answer seems to be that it uses lots of A4 batteries, is favoured by ladies, and comes in skin tone and is about 12 inches long. Did not appear to be any hooks on it either, oh yeah the prices are a lot higher than what you blokes are quoting! And you blokes buying more than one, well thats just plain perverted!

Wow, I posted this a while ago, lucky to have stumbled across it again. They are a good lure, and it’s good to see others catching some fish with them. Thanks for the advice on how to get them to sink quicker. I agree with what fishytales said about sink rates. I have the majority of strikes in first couple of turns of the reel. May have to try and get my hands on some of those search lures, they would be worth a go. Feral I hope no one walked in on you when you were looking at that, because I don’t think the excuse; looking for lures would have cut it…
    Cheers

Quinn

No mate, did not even think of that!

Although I must admit I did go and buy one of the lure G-Vibes, only used it once so far, no catch as yet, but I did like the action etc.

There are two weights of G-vibes. 10 grams and 18 grams. The 18 gram version dives faster to the bottom. The 10 gram is eisier to troll in shallow water.

Phil