Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yarramalong weir

scotty

yarramalong weir

hey has anyone been here have herd that there is a free camping site there with flushing toilets (i have a girlfreind) is this true.... also wat the fishing like any chance of catching anything it on the condamine so there should be cod in there any reports of cod caught there or yellas

thanx

scotty

scotty

Re: yarramalong weir

also how far up the weir can you go in a boat would a boat be a good option there

thanx

hello did you mean yarramalong at wyong river , its just a standard creek nothing spectacular definatley no camping area , nice creek but thats all, cheers gh you can onlu use a boat on the saltwater side of the weir which is wyong creek part of tugerah lakes

scotty

nah on the condamine at millmerin

yer went there yesterday with lures really recommend bait like yabbies. got nothing good water. found a dead yabby.

Lemon tree weir looks really good.

I have been there quite a bit latelly. Got a 2.5 kg yella a few weeks back. Went yesterday, got a good hookup on a set line. It managed to hook itself on a submerged log. We had to pull both up. the line broke as he brought it up.
    The branch had the bark striped where the line was tied.
    guess it was a cod.
    next time
    Water, they are pumping into the north branch, but the weir rose about 6 inches yesterday, and about .300mm from over flowing.

hi scotty
    from the boat ramp heading upstream, keep to the left hand side of the river for about 100 yards, very shallow.( about 1.5 m deep from full. swing to the middle just before the first swing, 3.000m deep plus after that for about 2 klm. A small shallow section after the hard right turn, (keep left) then all good for about another 1-2 klm.

hi what bait were you using to get the yellowbelly mate becuz i went there yesterday got nothing on lures also had a look at lemon tree weir can you tell if there is any fish a both places and what baits

and were did you catch the yellowbelly there and is there any carp.

hi tazzy
    I drop the tinny in around 10 30. Were you the campers that were there. We used yabbies. I also got a few oak grubs out of the willow trees. Im not sure what the hit was on. I thing it was a big crawchy.

nah we came at 3

get any carp and where do u get yabbies plz answer

no anything about lemon tree weir

havnt caught any carp yet.
    I get the yabbies form a dam I built aa few years back.