Thread: fishing for Bass on the Gold Coast

fishing for Bass on the Gold Coast

Is their anywhere on the Gold Coast where you can catch bass , without going to the Hinze dam??Also are Jackel lures ok to use??

Re: fishing for Bass on the Gold Coast

has anyone caught Bass in the fresh water part of Coomera River??????

I have caught bass in the nerang river from the centre of Nerang right up past Weedons Crossing in the fresh on the way up to the damn.
    Mainly on surface poppers and fizzers and fly. If you can get a little canoe/kayak, there is some great fishing up the river.
    Have also fished up the coomera and there are bass in it up past the weir. Ampther spot worth trying is the robina lake system, opposit Q Superstore.
    Just takes time and some exploration - that's the main part of the fun really is getting out and finding the fish.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by born2fly
    I have caught bass in the nerang river from the centre of Nerang right up past Weedons Crossing in the fresh on the way up to the damn.
    Mainly on surface poppers and fizzers and fly. If you can get a little canoe/kayak, there is some great fishing up the river.
    Have also fished up the coomera and there are bass in it up past the weir. Ampther spot worth trying is the robina lake system, opposit Q Superstore.
    Just takes time and some exploration - that's the main part of the fun really is getting out and finding the fish.

Cheers
    for the coomera river is the weir is that the mud bank you can walk out on where the fresh runs into the salt water ???? If you could tell where that is ,it would be great
    Chris

fishingnottake

the upper reaches of tallebudgera creek hold some good bass in spots, as well as clear island waters, pm me if you want some company.

sounds good I will pm you when I know im going and we can discuss a time that is suitable for both of us. What type of lures do you use as i only have 1 rapala surface popper in mackeral colour and thinking about getting a jackal lure native to this area in colour???

Quote Originally Posted by schrammy79
    [quote author=born2fly link=1138678227/0#2 date=1138702079]I have caught bass in the nerang river from the centre of Nerang right up past Weedons Crossing in the fresh on the way up to the damn.

Cheers
    for the coomera river is the weir is that the mud bank you can walk out on where the fresh runs into the salt water ???? If you could tell where that is ,it would be great
    Chris
    [/quote]

Anywhere up from the area you are talking about. was a little dirty last time I went up there after the rain, however should be cleaning up nicely now. There are plenty of lillypads worthwhile working, as for lure types, I use small tiny torpedos, spinner baits always work a treat as well. Mainly use flies though like wooly buggers etc. Must admit not a technical expert and don't really take much notice of particular lures, I just try what colours that I think lend themselves to the environment.
    and like I said, just get out there and have fun experimenting

Good luck and hope this is of some help.

thanks born2fly,
    I guess I will have to coax some cash out of my wife now so I can get some new lures without getting in trouble as we all know what our wives and girlfriends are like.

LOL,

Considering I just spent a small fortune on Barra Lures for my trip up to Awoonga next week, I know exactly what you mean

Cheers and good luck,

fishingnottake

Quote Originally Posted by schrammy79
    What type of lures do you use as i only have 1 rapala surface popper in mackeral colour and thinking about getting a jackal lure native to this area in colour???
    mate go give big W a quick squiz, they have some nice poppers and jackel knock offs for 4 bucks each, and the fish seem to lap them up.

picked up some SP's,jackal lure, and a popper from Big w (thanks for the tip fishingnottaken) trying them out Saturday Morning .