Thread: A Maroon weekend

A Maroon weekend

Going to fish Maroon this weekend (all weekend). We are staying at the Pointro house, so luxury (compared to tent) all the way...they even have digi TV in the house now.

Its great fishing through the morning, then up to the house, have a feed, sleep if need (beds are comfy too), then back on water until god knows when, 1 min drive back to the house, warm shower, feed then drinks, then bed.

Sounds like a good weekend to me

will let you know what/if any fish are caught. Maroon always turns on the runts, but its the bigger fish I am chasing...and they are in there.

Re: A Maroon weekend

Be keen to hear how you go mate. We are planning a trip up there in a couple weeks, and haven't been for a while.

Keep us posted.

Paul

well ended up coming home Saturday evening, as the fishing was...lets just....CR@P!

Gave me no inclination to stay another night. Managed to get a few whilst 2 guys who came out with us go onto about 7 each I think...but nothing remarkable.

The water level looks like it has risen a bit, as the weed beds are no longer level with the surface. the weed is about 1-2 inches under, which makes it very hard to pick the edges in overcast conditions.

the highlight was a 47cm silver caught on a jackall. I always thought silvers went vegie when they got that big

hey Elysium

last time i camped at maroon the house looked run down and really messed up from the outside. Must of had a renavation.