Thread: Brisbane River Classic

Brisbane River Classic

Hey all, this was originally deleted but i have complied with the mods requests for the aus fish banner to be screened on my site. SOrry again!

Just want to invite all brisso fishermen and women along to a fishing day to fish and compete if they want.

If all in the name of a bit of fun.

For details concerning dates and categories etc please view www.brisbaneriverclassic.com

Thanks!

Re: Brisbane River Classic

That sounds like a lot of fun AngiG, but I'm afraid I'm gonna be interstate being best man for one of my oldest mates. maybe next year.

scotty

does it cost anythin to enter

Basically its a social competition and the prizes are token.
    This there is a very small fee sepcified on the site just to cover these. (with any excess monies being put towards the bar afterwards)!
    However in the interest of genertating a good group of people on the day we are also encouraging as many people as we can to simply come for the fish if the dont want to pay.
    In this way we hope to just create a good day where brisbane fisho's can swap tall stoires and fishy tales etc.
    Angus.

Just giving this a bump.
    The website is fully operational now, glitches have been ironed out.
    We already haev 6 teams registered and it should be a great day.
    Any extra Brisbane river fishing pics would be greatly apprecaited in the library.
    www.brisbaneriverclassic.com

Cheers!

Hi Angie if a man's not working he will be there.

so it is just a one day event? 10.00 - 16.30? Reckon you'll catch much during the day?

"The Inaugural Brisbane River Bull Shark Classic is being held on the end 29-30 April 2006 on the Brisbane River. All teams will meet at 10:00am sharp on Sunday the 30th at the Sherwood Aboretum (On Jolimont Street Sherwood, which is off Dewar Tce Check the location photo's in the photo gallery) With final weigh-in on the Sunday 30th April at the Sherwood Arboretum @ 4:30 with post event drinks being held at the R.E at Toowong for those of legal drinking age."

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Fish caught from friday night owanrds count at the weigh in.
    Sunday is just day everyone meets.
    And anyway, we have had some pretty good sunday sessions where we go.
    Plenty of time to land a few sharks among other things.

You Brisbane based>?