Thread: Monduran

Monduran

After a bit of advice on fishing Lake Monduran, thinking of heading up there in a couple of weeks time. Will similar tactics to those used in Awoonga at this time of year work i.e. casting into the shallows where there's structure and warmer water? Or will I most likely be wasting my time and better off targeting bass. Also where are the bass most usually found and what tactics are productive? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Tiges.

jack_attacks

Re: Monduran

Tiges
    I dropped in to Monduran on the way home from Awoonga on Sunday. Spoke to Rob (Park Manager) and he said that they had a great run of barra over Easter. Most were caught on the troll in the main basin near the ramp, however he had been up in the timbers and cuaght a number of barra casting in the 60-90cm mark.

He seems a great guy that regularly fishes the Lake, so why not give him a call.

Thanks
    JA

still_water

Tiges,
    Fishing the timber if you are into casting is the way to go, at the moment we are having between 8 to 16 hit up's a day this way of Barra of different sizes.
    Trolling is still producing some nice fish but I have not personally done this for a couple of months now.
    Keep lures to a maximum of 3m when casting, preferably 1m divers or Soft Plastics.
    Good Luck.
    Brett

Hi Tiges,

I was up there the weekend just gone and got 5 in the boat and droped about the same. Size ranged from 70 to 90cm. Fished the shallow bays and found the b52 to work for me. Added a photo of the 90cm my new pb.

Cheers
    JAS

Thanks for the advice guys, ya's are talking my language and telling me just what I want to hear. Nice fish Jas, now I'm really looking forward to going. Of course barra are gonna be the main target, but any advice on the bass would still be appreciated.

Cheers
    Tiges

Tiges,

You can start to look for the bass in around the 20ft mark of points and any flats in the dam. I have got bass of the bare grassy banks and points before. The main basin area is good place to start. I hope that helps.

JAS