Thread: Mt Crosby

Mt Crosby

Just a quickie, does anyone know if theres any water in the Mt Crosby wier at the moment, i know the wall hasn't gone ova in a long while just wondering if the wier still holds some water and if anyones fished it of late

The_Walrus

Re: Mt Crosby

The weir always holds water as it is constantly released from Wivenhoe dam to keep it full.

Don't know about the water level inthe pool below the weir. In any case, you can't legally fish there without getting special permission.

Last time I fished there was several years ago as part of a tagging project.

Luc

The water usage must be keeping up with what they are letting out of Wivenhoe. below the weir is a pond that isn't even connected to the river by water anymore, it doesn't look like any water has flowed over the weir in a long time. I took these photos this morning.

Cheers
    Murray

Another

And another

Last one

fishamatic

the area below the smaller wier is the shallowest ive seen in years and is full of weed. impossible to get through comfortably in a canoe and near impossible to fish. lots of mullet and catties in there thou.

Thanks alot for the info guys, much appreciated