Thread: LITHGOW BATHURST OBERON

SUS-KEL

LITHGOW BATHURST OBERON

Look for some good locations for land based freshwater fishing west of Sydney?
    Out towards Lithgow, Bathurst, Oberon

Re: LITHGOW BATHURST OBERON

Do you know any?

There's lake windamere. near mudgee
    never fished it, just went past on my way to bathurst this year.

This time of year ...... Windamere would be a pick for natives (never fished it but guys that I know do ....... for yellas & Cod

During the colder months .... (trout)
    Thompsons Creek dam , lake Lyle , Oberon dam , & Lake Wallace - Though you can still catch trout during summer..... you just need to fish early or late

Note TCD has special status ..... Lure & fly only ( daylight hours)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I was out at Orange last week, as far from Monduran as i could get without needing a visa stayed at the Condobalas (not sure that is the correct spelling, name of the mountain out there) caravan park and there is a Marine and tackle shop out the front( main road as u head into town) and the boys in there were overheard talking about the local dam/lake fishing well at the moment, must admit I didn't take too much notice as I am still sulking after getting my ass kicked the week b4 at the place just north of Gin Gin
    I have a reciept from the CV park if u would like a contact # give me a PM
    Cheers, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    I was out at Orange last week, as far from Monduran as i could get without needing a visa stayed at the Condobalas (not sure that is the correct spelling, name of the mountain out there) caravan park and there is a Marine and tackle shop out the front( main road as u head into town) and the boys in there were overheard talking about the local dam/lake fishing well at the moment, must admit I didn't take too much notice as I am still sulking after getting my ass kicked the week b4 at the place just north of Gin Gin
    I have a reciept from the CV park if u would like a contact # give me a PM
    Cheers, Pete.

Nearly Pete - Canobolas ( Lake , Mountain , Hotel , Winery etc etc )

Nice spot

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thumbs up Re: LITHGOW BATHURST OBERON

Hi Sus-Kel,

There's a stack of lakes / dams for NSW listed at http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/LocationsNSW.htm

Cheers,

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

If you are ever in or around Orange drop in and chat to the guys at Conobolas Marine &caravans , One in particular is a top quality angler and would be happy to divulge some info on the local area without having to eaves drop.
    Tell them I said so.Check out their fishing and boating gear as well ,great service ,awesome product and advice.IAN

SUS Kel,
    There are a heap of places to fish out here I live half way between bathurst and Oberon at a place called O'Connell. O'Connell is on the Fish River (good Name) and it is very popular with trout fisherman there is a place called Flat Rock on the river and alot of people camp and fish there as it has a camping ground...and the good thing is it's only about 5k's from the O'Connell pub which has great food and great Beer. If you get stuck for directions just drop into the pub and James or one of the staff will be able to tell you how to get there (easy to find).
    Regards,
    Norto.

Thanks Chris, new I wasn't too far off with the spelling..............

Ian, yep that is the one I was trying to explain, there must be some huge Cod out there some of the lures on the wall would have taken two hands to pick up.

Cheers, Pete.