Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to catch Dredded Carp

Re: How to catch Dredded Carp

yummm. . . . . .carp???????? [smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif]

i suppose each to there own applies,, and yes i have known a few people who do or have eaten carp,,,,i think i would rather have the esky appetiser as well though,,,,,,,,,pass that chilli sauce over would ya mate
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Thanks for the tips fellas, Ill give em a go. I have seen them down that way
    up to about 70cm, imagine they will put up a good fight.

Cant wait to get amongst the COD, My Best so far is 69cm will try to top
    that this year.

I will post some pics of the fish i catch, no pics means no fish

Come on easter!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Stephen

If corn works for carp, has any1 tried corn for Black Bream or any other freshwater species?. I reckon it would work alright - cheap, millions of them, bright yellow colour - sold.

Has any1 tried it?

TinarooTriumph
    TT

Hi All well I have seen in Easter time on the Albert River the Carp busters have a Competition to see who can catch the most Carp but they are not eaten , But used to make fertilizer maybe I ll try it my self this easter
    Cheers Harry
    Harry Cabfisher

Hi dose any one know the addres to the Carpbusters for the easter competition?
    with thanks Harry
    Harry Cabfisher

Steve, if you can get a hold of chook layer pellets and burley the area you will be fishing the night before and then use, as been mentioned, corn kernels, worms, dough ect. The kids will have a ball. Have a great Easter.
    Schulzy [smiley=angryfire.gif]

well i got a neighbour from italy and he targets them since he was a little kid he swears by corn kernels or dough mixed with sweet paprika powder hope this helps cheers
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

There is no need to get to fussy, when fishing in the Namoi, I found worms dug up from the nearby soil made the best bait along with mussels from the River.

Just remember >>>>>>> DON'T PUT THEM BACK.

cheers roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

I haven't tried corn kernels or dough but prawns, cheese, and ham used to work well in our little dam.

Just new here but have fished for carp for years both in Australia and overseas. Carp......nah don't eat them.........yuk! but very good for sport on a light rod and light line..........I'm looking for decent locations to fish for them in Queensland...........anyone help with this??

Take an iron pot, place a stone in it and a freshly caught carp. Add plenty of salt and pepper. Boil until the stone is soft. Remove the carp and bury it. Eat the stone!...................add a few corn kernels if required.

buy some bread crumbs from Wollies,
    put in a bowl
    mix in some corn.
    little (I mean little water) keep stiring mixing and mixing..
    squeeze a small amount into the size of a plum if it falls apart add more water (little at a time.)
    until its firm and breaks up very soon after hitting the water.(this is how you want it!)
    (if your fishing flowing water, or deep water you may want it a bit stickier so add more water to make it sink better without breaking up.)

Fish using a float a small sinkers (known as shot.)
    Fine line , around 5lb!
    Small hook (size 14/12/10) you wil have to look very hard to get these hooks.!
    sink the float right to the tip (so only the very tip is showing.)

Chuck out about 6 balls of the bearley (groundbait/breadcrumbs) and fish over the top with Corn)

Another method is a straight lead weight (running rig) and hair rig some corn (or if your not sure on how to do this , just hook the corn as normal.)

Do a search on "coarse fishing" in Google. and you will come up with some great methods.

The coarse fishing methods are simple effective method and you will catch more, I promise!

If you want to find out more about Coarse fishing in South East QLD. PM me!
    or if anyone wants any tips on how to catch more fish using Worm/corn/maggots , PM me.

Cheers.
    and good luck.

Thanks for the recipes on how to catch them. I have used the float technique but #prefer to use no weight or float.
    It seems to me after years of carp fishing in Europe, that the lighter the line the bigger the fish ! I normally never strike and set the hook until well into the third run. I use a dough mixed to the consistency of bakers dough and well cover the hook, rolling it between my palms into a ball. This is normally better accepted than any other shape....................But where are the big ones to be found in southern queensland??...............I'd like to talk to you more on the subject of Carp fishing.