Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jackalls

jackalls

hey i'v just heard about jackalls and how good they are. i was just wondering what the best brand is and what colour is best and any tips how to work them.

thanks brendon

Re: jackalls

What sort of Jackalls Brendon? And what fish are you chasing with them?
    As there are lots of models and sizes, Lipless Cranks "soft and hard", Jerkbaits, Topwater, SP's etc.

# # Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

hey Les
    i'm chasing bass. i don't no what sort cause i don't know anything about them. i just want 1 or 2 of the best

thanks brendon

ive found the lipless crankbaits to be the pick for bass soft or hard body dosent matter for me

The lightish brown hard body works well and the clear soft body are my favourite

and if you know of a hole with lungfish in it they will attack the light brown hard body good luck landing one though very small hooks

The models you are looking for are the TN 50 , TN 60 and the Mask Vibe(the ones Harry Watson uses on TV),the first two are hard bodies and the latter is a soft body in the same shape as the TN's,Team Daiwa put out a slightly different version that is still made by Jackall Bros,it is equally as expensive.The main attraction with these lures seems to be their ability to swim on the drop making them handy in some situations.Colours are prety much personal choice but in my area purple in it's various shades is a popular choice.

If you want to buy just two of these Lures for Bass.

I would recomend a Tn60 Gold/Black and a Mask vibe Tn60 Ayu colour.

Good luck.

gday mate
    i brought korka jackell. i went down to the dam and had a few casts and caught a cat fish and a 35cm yellowbelly. then i went up to bundy this is no joke the first day , the first cast of the day at a rock wall i got a mangrovejack it 35cm. the rest of the day i got a tailor and a fingermark! they are great! the korka one are only $7 instead of $30
    cheers nick

hey where's a good place to buy them. do big W sell them or do i have to go to a tackle shop

thanks brendon

G'day Brendon

They are Kakoda G-Vibe's and are available from that "All Sports" shop

Cheers Ron

I think you would have to go to a tackle shop to get the genuine Jackall or Team Daiwa,I know big W don't do them in my area.The G vibe's are allright but they don't swim on the drop so they aren't as effective around the lilly pads etc that have deep water adjacent.Probably the best bet would be to track Raefpudd down on this site and shoot him off a message he has access to some good deals on them,either way if your paying more than $25 for them your getting ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee
    The models you are looking for are the TN 50 , TN 60 and the Mask Vibe(the ones Harry Watson uses on TV),the first two are hard bodies and the latter is a soft body in the same shape as the TN's,Team Daiwa put out a slightly different version that is still made by Jackall Bros,it is equally as expensive.The main attraction with these lures seems to be their ability to swim on the drop making them handy in some situations.Colours are prety much personal choice but in my area purple in it's various shades is a popular choice.
    Oh yeah! . TN60 i use all the time, most definitely get it if you can.

TinarooTriumph
    TT

As Banshee says the genuine article is the best, I have modified a couple of G-Vibes by drilling a small hole from underneath between the centre treble and the lip then epoxing in 2 small split shots (1x N°1 & 1x N°2 size).
    Be very careful if you try this and make sure that the lure is firmly held in a vice otherwise you are liable to have a couple of unwanted body piercings!
    By doing this, they do tend to "swim" a bit on the drop but still not as good as the Jackall.
    Another thing with the G-Vibes is that I've found that the paint seems to peel of rather easily. To combat this I give them a squirt of clear varnish which seems to help a lot.

Good luck
    Ron

big w sells the g vibes now under et's collection. Not bad for 5 bucks

kakodo are available at amart #########, were on sale 3 for 10bucks, but i dont know about now

$29 bucks at my local tackleshop... I don't care how good they are, they won't outfish fresh bait or a well placed cheaper lure. Huge w@nk factor.