Thread: CATCH,FOTO&RELEASE

CATCH,FOTO&RELEASE

Hi to all my Australian friends,

J'm Alek from Macedonia - Europe and J'm carpfishermen and owner of one beautiful carp lake in my country.Our web page is www.aquariumecofish.com.
    J have a lot of friends "down under" and also creator of my web page is Australian man.

Visit our web page and see what we are doing to keep good pleasure for fishermans and to protect big carps in this region.

Good hunting to all

Re: CATCH,FOTO&RELEASE

hi welcome 2 australia

Are carp fish??

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy
    Are carp fish??
    Do you mean - is CARP fish?

The_Walrus

Carp are good stockfeed for fertiliser making.

Charlie Carp, it's the best thing for your garden.

Luc

Carp fishing have long tradition in Europe.There is more than 3.000 carp lakes only in UK.In all Europe... maybe 10 times more. There is respectible number of carpfishermans in every Europian country, and a lot of competitions every year with BIG prices.
    CATCH & RELEACE and save the enviroment for the future is moto for most fish here.Saving the nature for next generation is primary in fishing here.

But in Autralia,as J see, everuthing is diferent

BassCowboy

HI Alec,
    In Australia we have an introduced species of Carp very closely related to the Goldfish, used in Japanese Ponds. This species causes the environment a lot of harm and has misplaced natice prized species, Fishing for carp is done to remove the species from waterways to give our natives a better chance of survival, the fish by law must be disposed of. In Australia we do however have strong laws in place to also protect our fisheries to ensure a sustainable future.

Cheers

The Cowboy,

J know the laws about any animal or plant in Australia, and that AUS. want to protect the country of any unusual live form. That's O.K.

But carpfishermans in Europe think that it's unhuman what is doing with carp in AUS.
    Some of them see. http://www.charliecarp.com/movie.htm , and comments are horrible.
    Resently J heard that AUS offer 200.000 tons of carp to UK!!!
    Well, in AUS carp is man's mistake in authentic nature.In the same time here carp is protected fish,and the penalty is very high

Cheers

alek,

Carp are an ecological disaster in this country - they simply don't belong here. Imagine for example Murray Cod (an Australian fish) being introduced to Europe, displacing all of your valued carp stocks - you would be horrified. That's basically what carp have done to Australian freshwater fisheries.

For some reason, they taste crap here too, so they're not even worth catching for eating - they're caught simply in the hopes of reducing their numbers and allow native freshwater fish to continue to survive. In some states it is illegal to release them - they HAVE to be killed if you catch them.

That said, we can appreciate your perspective!

cheers

Welcome to Ausfish Alek.

I hope you become a regular.

My father is German and he also speaks highly of the carp that are present throughout Europe.

Louis

PS: Who do you think is going to win the Soccer World Cup?