Thread: 2006 Kirkleagh Klassic

2006 Kirkleagh Klassic

Bad news for everyone.

Due to the current low water levels at Somerset and the sad outlook for rain in the near future, the 2006 Kirkleagh Klassic has been cancelled. The SWFSA committee are concerned for the safety of competitors and the difficulty in launching boats. We appologise to all past competitors, and future one's for that matter.
    Let's hope for some rain, and we'll see you all out there in 2007 bigger and better than ever.

Dale Sinclair
    Vice President
    SWFSA Inc.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Re: 2006 Kirkleagh Klassic

hi aussiebasser,just finished fishing the bassinqld series at the dam with dave and the other members ,we had nearly seventy boats ,130 competitors and the dam was not a problem ,lots of fog in the mornings but it still ran like clockwork.as long as all people abide by the rules things should run well.how many people usually enter this comp.?

grenadier

hey im getting interested in entering a few freshwater fishing comps can anyone help with letting me know what goes on in the comps and how to enter and when the comps are on/ where to find out they are on

coming from someone who knows nothing about this sort of stuff and i dont know anyone who does either but i love my freshwater fishing

how are you seahawk,if you are interested in our comp we run have a lok at the web site www.bassinqldseries.com.au and you can get the info on how the comp works and where the next one is.this weekend it is round 4 at boondooma dam .the next is at somerset .see you there cheers AL

Quote Originally Posted by seahawk
    hey im getting interested in entering #a few freshwater fishing comps can anyone help with letting me know what goes on in the comps and how to enter and when the comps are on/ where to find out they are on

coming from someone who knows nothing about this sort of stuff and i dont know anyone who does either but i love my freshwater fishing
    Hi Seahawk,

Think we have most of the sweetwater comps/tournament covered here
    http://sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Comps.htm

Regards,

Sweetwater

grenadier

warrior i read the bassinqld web page i have a few questions mate what size does the holding tank have to be in measurements is it a standard live bait tank you buy from a boat shop or can it be a home made one out of an esky and a aerator.how much does it cost to enter each round. i would like to go in the somerset events next year maybe the boondoomba dam ones as well(have to see the minister for war and finance)please give me a good insight to the comp details as i have never been in one or know anyone who has been in one. things i need to know are like what sort of gear can i use,cost , size of boat i can use as i have a 4.2m runabout, camping on site or accomodation., start times fishing session times(how long do you get to fish)how many fishos to a boat .sorry about these questions but i'm as dumb as dog shit about this sort of stuff but want to try it .

grenadier

sweet water how many different comps do they run at somerset and does anyone run a comp on borumba dam. how much do these comps cost.

WSW

Hey Seahawk

If you go back to the Bassin Qld website that Warrior has mentioned in a previous post look at the contacts section and give Dave a call he will be able to explain everything to you. Dave is a top bloke and will be happy to talk to you. Everyone who competes in the Bassin Qld Series make comment on hpw good the comp is.

regards

Brad