Thread: Storm King Dam  now SIP

gif

Storm King Dam  now SIP

Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries

Queensland Government

Media Release

11 July 2006

SIPs dams expand

A new addition to the highly successful Stocked Impoundment Permit (SIP) Scheme means better fishing for Queensland locals and tourists.

Storm King Dam, near Stanthorpe, joined the Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries (DPI&F) SIP Scheme as of July 1st this year, taking the number of participating dams to 30.

DPI&F Policy Officer Aimee Moore said that buying a SIP allows people to fish in the 30 stocked dams throughout Queensland.

“Storm King Dam is a great addition to the SIP Scheme as it provides some fantastic recreational fishing opportunities and has a good supply of stocked fish species,” Ms Moore said.

Stanthorpe Blue Water Fishing and Restocking Club keeps the dam in good supply of fish species such as golden perch, silver perch and Murray cod.

“Purchasing a SIP is quick and easy and can be done online through the Queensland Government Gateway - www.qld.gov.au/fishing - before leaving home which gives anglers more time on the water,” Ms Moore said.

“To encourage people to buy online, DPI&F is currently giving away 300 prize packs to anglers who purchase their permit through the website.

“The giveaways include cooler bags, tin mugs, back packs, caps, travel mugs, tote bags and water bottles. Twenty-five prizes are drawn and given away each month until September 2006.”

Terms and conditions for the competition can be found at www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/17848.html. A random prize draw will be undertaken at the end of each month and the lucky winners will be notified soon after.

SIPs permits cost $35 for a year ($31.50 for concession card holders) or $7 for a week and can also be purchased from selected small businesses throughout the state. For details of the participating small business locations and a list of the 30 dams that require a permit contact the DPI&F Business Information Centre on 13 25 23.

Further information:

Caroline Dalton A/Information Officer
    Ph: (07) 3225 1038
    Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries
    Strategic Communication & Marketing
    GPO Box 46 Brisbane Qld 4001 Ph 07 3239 6380
    DPI&F Business Information Centre 13 25 23 (weekdays 8 am to 6 pm)

Re: Storm King Dam #now SIP

all good i say storm king is agreat little dam.cheers bdowdy

I wish Hinze dam would become part of the SIP system.

Who else agrees?

Louis

Re: Storm King Dam  now SIP

With Hinze having a seperate permit, maybe it is earning more money for stocking and might be better off rather than sharing the SIP money with many other dams.

Regards

Richo

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge41
    With Hinze having a seperate permit, maybe it is earning more money for stocking and might be better off rather than sharing the SIP money with many other dams.

Maybe? bought a permit for Hinze lately? at least 3 times the price of any other dam I know off!

I thought it was roughly on par with the SIP, but SIP gives you access to many more impoundments. I don't really care as it's a beautiful place to visit and if it goes towards keeping fish in there I'll gladly pay it. Last permit I paid was $6 I think for 3 days, hardly breaks the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral
    [quote author=Dodge41 link=1152594669/0#3 date=1152971512]With Hinze having a seperate permit, maybe it is earning more money for stocking and might be better off rather than sharing the SIP money with many other dams.

Maybe? bought a permit for Hinze lately? at least 3 times the price of any other dam I know off![/quote]

Yes mate have both Hinze permit and SIP
    Regards

Richo

Quote Originally Posted by Canoedle
    I thought it was roughly on par with the SIP, but SIP gives you access to many more impoundments.
    Yeah your right! dunno what I got it mixed up with, went back and checked, its $40. Have to double check before gobbing off next time!